Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interior lighting not coming on when doors open?
Alex

When driving at night a few weeks back my wife needed the interior lighting on and I touched the centre lens panel of the interior lighting (as opposed to the passenger or driving panel lighting). This subsequently turned on the front and back interior lights, and when we finished I touched the centre lens panel to turn off the lights but it also turned off the ambient lighting at the same time.

I was bit surprised at first so I touched the centre lens panel on and off again and it turned the ambient lighting back on - didn’t realise this was a function to turn the ambient lighting on and off.

However since then the automatic interior lighting no longer works when opening the doors. When we stop and park at night I have to manually touch the lighting and it subsequently goes off when the car is locked.

I have checked the manual thinking I disengaged something and it mentioned there is an on and off option by holding your finger on the lens panel for more than 2 seconds. So I tried this but I'm still in darkness!

So after almost a year of ownership I feel dumb asking this question but any idea how you adjust the lighting to always come on when opening and closing the doors, perhaps I misunderstood the manual?

As stated interior lights work fine but not automatically when opening the doors, or unlocking the car.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
28-11-2012 08:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

When you hold your finger over the lens for more than 2-3 seconds you should look between your dials for the info message to either say 'lights auto or lights off'

If you set them to Auto then they will come on with the opening of your doors.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk V1.15.0

28-11-2012 08:23pm
Stadt Panzer

+1

Somewhere in the North Sea.
28-11-2012 09:16pm
Alex

RE: Interior lighting not coming on when doors open?

Thanks - will give it a go.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
28-11-2012 09:20pm
Alex

(28-11-2012 08:23pm)cutter7 Wrote:  When you hold your finger over the lens for more than 2-3 seconds you should look between your dials for the info message to either say 'lights auto or lights off'

If you set them to Auto then they will come on with the opening of your doors.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk V1.15.0

Worked like a treat, and learned something new so many thanks!

29-11-2012 08:29pm
QUEEVO

Also the 2 seconds is really more like 5 or 6 so hang in there...!!!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
30-11-2012 01:29am