Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installing maxi cosi isofix car seat?
fam1x

Installing maxi cosi isofix car seat?

Can anyone help with the installation of a isofix car seat I can't seem to get passed the leather seats to gain access to the isofix bar in the back Sad has anyone tried to do that on their cars any help would be great.
I tried to push the leather seats down but it won't stay down I can feel and see the isofix bar when you push the back of the seats in.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
14-01-2012 02:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Installing maxi cosi isofix car seat?

If you use the search function and type in "isofix" it comes up with 3-4 interesting posts that might make you want to change your mind about fitting one

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-01-2012 03:31pm
ChuckieB

(14-01-2012 03:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you use the search function and type in "isofix" it comes up with 3-4 interesting posts that might make you want to change your mind about fitting one

Glad my isofix days are well an truly over. Had a poke around myself when I was last at the dealers. From what I observed I suspect that once the seats are in they stay in! Wouldn't want to hazard a guess at the possible damage to the leather. In my Scenic there is a complete "rip out" Velcro pad which exposed the fixings fully. Simple and effective!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
14-01-2012 03:53pm
PJ

Fam1x - dont try to force the seat in by pushing down on the base as you will be left with two indents from the seat (i know unfortunately). There are actually two flaps on the back of the seat where the stitching is once you pull the flaps to the side you will feel the isofix hooks and the seat should slide in no problem.

I initally forced the seat down after asking advice from my local dealer he obviously didnt know the flaps were there and i only found out by accident after thinking the forceful way of attaching simply could not be the right way and sure enough it wasnt!

Arrived! OG 5dr Dynamic, shadow chromes, pano roof and few other bits.
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2012 07:22pm by PJ.)
14-01-2012 07:22pm
LDT

Seems that a manual update would be useful for this.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
14-01-2012 07:23pm
WB
WB

I have 2 fitted in mine and it's not a big deal.

Just spread the opening and insert one side at a time carefully. I've had one seat out and back in an now I know what to do can do it in a few mins.
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2012 09:45pm by WB.)
14-01-2012 07:49pm
Big Dave

I have to agree with WB, I didn't have any issues.

I can imagine the 3 door would be a git though.

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
14-01-2012 07:57pm
hfu1

i managed this, but yes agree its a right pain.
You have to get brave and really pull the leather back, stick your fingers in and find the bar - its there honest!
What I did was put a thick cloth underneath the seat base and up around the seat base arms to reduce any depression effects on the leather.
I can take a pic tomorrow and post if it helps.
14-01-2012 08:55pm
Rootsboy

i tried to rush into it, worked out that was not the right way, so once i looked at the manual and realized there were special flaps there.
the seat i had came with these plastic guides that you insert through the flaps in the seat, and once in made me pushing and clipping in the seat less problematic.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
14-01-2012 08:55pm
ChuckieB

How can it be so difficult to miss the flaps? It seems I certainly did!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
14-01-2012 11:30pm