Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installing Powered Electrical Tailgate
splash

Installing Powered Electrical Tailgate

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any possibility for me to install Powered Electrical Tailgate i missed this option when i ordered the car, I have found the parts but i dont know if it will work?
Parts

Is there anyone that have done this?
13-03-2013 01:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Installing Powered Electrical Tailgate

Interesting idea - I didn't have the electric tailgate on my first evoque but do have it on the second one - looking at the parts it should be possible as the buttons on the remote and the dashboard are already there and wired so it should be a case of replacing the struts and adding the button on the inside of the hatch.

The dealers will inevitably tell you its impossible...
13-03-2013 03:08pm
splash

(13-03-2013 03:08pm)WB Wrote:  Interesting idea - I didn't have the electric tailgate on my first evoque but do have it on the second one - looking at the parts it should be possible as the buttons on the remote and the dashboard are already there and wired so it should be a case of replacing the struts and adding the button on the inside of the hatch.

The dealers will inevitably tell you its impossible...

I did send a email to the dealer will get a response soon.
13-03-2013 04:07pm
jorn

can you post the answer you get? as it is the only option i really miss.
14-03-2013 02:44pm
splash

this is the answer!

Hello,

I quoted a customer a couple months ago, it’s not easy you will need the ecu, wiring loom, the electric struts and the strut brackets, also it will need to be programmed in the remote.

If there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate to ask,

Best regards,

Britcar UK Ltd
Brantham Mill

So the question is how to program the remote for this option? i have asked Britcar if know anything about this.
15-03-2013 11:57am
WB
WB

I very much doubt you have to program the remote as all the remotes have a boot release already - probably worth asking Pete Bell who is a forum sponsor and knows the cars well.
15-03-2013 02:30pm
PhilSkill

Hi WB, Just because it has a button, doesn't mean it has a transmission code linked to the ECU, since my boot open button won't open your Evoques boot they have to be security coded. You may have to get the codes from LR at a cost and have the key and ECU updated with the codes.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-03-2013 03:14pm
WB
WB

(15-03-2013 03:14pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi WB, Just because it has a button, doesn't mean it has a transmission code linked to the ECU, since my boot open button won't open your Evoques boot they have to be security coded. You may have to get the codes from LR at a cost and have the key and ECU updated with the codes.

I was thinking that the button on your fob triggers the boot release whether you have the electric tailgate or not. So as it triggers something if the boot had the electric tailgate motor I would have thought it would trigger that instead of just triggering the lock to unlock... but I think it best to get information from someone who would know like Pete rather than the dealers who usually talk nonsense.
15-03-2013 03:36pm
PhilSkill

Yes Inded WB, if the non electric opens the boot anyway then the signal is there from the ECU. But yes dealers aren't going to be given the work sheets for adding options like that as retro-fit.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-03-2013 06:01pm
splash

pete bell?? I can't find him.
19-03-2013 11:02am