Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
InControl App for 2014 Evoque
CRC@LandRover

RE: InControl App for 2014 Evoque

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, InControl Apps will not be available on the current vehicles. This is separate option that will be available in the near future that will require additional hardware.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 10:13am by CRC@LandRover.)
10-04-2014 10:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Pete, I think what Mark is asking is will any updates to the InControl App be available to existing users whenever there are system updates - both he and I have InControl and both of us have the current app on our smartphones. I understand that due to the nature of the way InControl works it cannot be retro-fitted to cars not ordered with the hardware parts of the system required to make it work. I would hope that any software changes to the InControl Secure will be made free of charge to existing users though............... LR is one of the few companies today that refuses to provide courtesy updates to things like satnav maps and other software - this is actually putting customers off buying LR products and itreally is time that JLR came into the 21st century with software updating. The cost of an update disk from Land Rover for a satnav is iniquitous and most of us feel like we are being robbed - not a good situation for LR and it's dealerships. A satnav update should be provided free in this day and age when we can use online mapping to provide routing instead of using an out-dated map in a satnav.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 10:28am by XFullFatTim.)
10-04-2014 10:23am
m_101

Agreed, I have to say that £200 just for a set of maps on a USB disk does make you feel robbed, especially when maps data is so readily available and most smartphone apps offer free half-yearly or yearly updates. I can see a time when I won't use the in car nav and will just have to use my phone.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-04-2014 11:25am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Tim,

With regards to the InControl Remote App on current vehicles, any updates or changes to the software or application will be provided.

I do appreciate your comments regarding the Sat Nav and this is one of the reasons for the new direction regarding InControl systems.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
10-04-2014 11:27am
Tony

In-Control now cannot be added to 2014MY orders.

I was considering adding it to mine along with TPMS - my last change date is 30th April. However both the dealer and LR have said no more changes to 2014MY vehicles except colour and wheel styles.

So what is 2015MY, am I awaiting a vehicle which will be obsolete even before delivery?. Cancellation is looking to be the best option, the new Audi TT is looking evermore interesting.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 11:36am by Tony.)
10-04-2014 11:32am
toshers

incontrol apps will be launched in october...or later in the year ie autumn...i want to know when JLR will switch to apple's carplay...? anyone?
28-06-2014 11:25am