Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Impending fuel strikes
PhilSkill

Impending fuel strikes

I pulled into the fuel station to see a family huddled by the fuel pump when I looked a bit closer they were filling 2 huge containers must be 100+ litres each with fuel! Apart from the fact its illegal it is also bloody stupid, to think the guy had his whole family with him if something ran into the back of him he could have his whole family inflicted with serious burns if not worse!

People amaze me sometimes!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-03-2012 10:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

RE: Impending fuel strikes

(26-03-2012 10:55pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I pulled into the fuel station to see a family huddled by the fuel pump when I looked a bit closer they were filling 2 huge containers must be 100+ litres each with fuel! Apart from the fact its illegal it is also bloody stupid, to think the guy had his whole family with him if something ran into the back of him he could have his whole family inflicted with serious burns if not worse!

People amaze me sometimes!
I thought the station would stop that happening ... You're right, it's illegal!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
26-03-2012 11:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I couldn't believe the queues today at the local Sainsburies, if they had gone a mile down the road the Shell forecourt was selling at the same price and I was the only car there with 8 empty pumps to choose from! Folks must be getting worried. Must fill the 90 and my stock of Jerry cans up tomorrow just incase!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2012 11:02pm
PhilSkill

The fuel station had a kid on the desk, he didnt care!

Yep will be filling up the t-car, aka the rust bucket, aka the Mazda just in case it all kicks off!

Just what the country needs!!! Not

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-03-2012 11:11pm
THEMACS

Been and filled up tonight, see my other post for derv covered shoesLaughing I only filled up as it was getting pretty low or else wouldn't have bothered, I really don't think there will be much of a problem and the service stations around here have seemed normal.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
26-03-2012 11:13pm
IKM

(26-03-2012 11:11pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  The fuel station had a kid on the desk, he didnt care!

Yep will be filling up the t-car, aka the rust bucket, aka the Mazda just in case it all kicks off!

Just what the country needs!!! Not
Arrest the kid and send in the army!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
26-03-2012 11:14pm
ED209

Doesnt bother me really, last time i had enough fuel to last without making special efforts anyway.

Also as my partner and I are both emergency service workers we would qualify for emergency supply anyway.

I do think its disgusting they are striking when they get £45k. Thats a bit more than i get for managing life and death situations and supervising lots of staff.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
27-03-2012 05:33am
ceebee

Impending fuel strikes

There is nothing more certain to guarantee panic buying, than people on the news telling us not to panic buy!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
28-03-2012 07:42am
RacingSnake

(26-03-2012 10:55pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  they were filling 2 huge containers must be 100+ litres each with fuel! Apart from the fact its illegal
Why is it illegal?
surely it has all the relevant duties and taxes paid?
Or are you assuming the containers weren't approved for fuel storage? (or similar)

I ask, because hypothetically I was pondering whether it would be feasible to use a tanker or similar to fill up abroad...
20p per litre cheaper, 1000 litre tanker/container, a saving of £200.
(yes I am aware there will be other overheads etc)

We burn through a good £600-700 worth of fuel a month (in normal commuting), so really feel these continuous rises.
Our local put its fuel up again last night, thats 5ppl rise in 4 weeks Sad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
28-03-2012 08:18am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(28-03-2012 08:18am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Why is it illegal?
surely it has all the relevant duties and taxes paid?
Or are you assuming the containers weren't approved for fuel storage? (or similar)

I ask, because hypothetically I was pondering whether it would be feasible to use a tanker or similar to fill up abroad...
20p per litre cheaper, 1000 litre tanker/container, a saving of £200.
(yes I am aware there will be other overheads etc)

We burn through a good £600-700 worth of fuel a month (in normal commuting), so really feel these continuous rises.
Our local put its fuel up again last night, thats 5ppl rise in 4 weeks Sad

Just noticed ours went up last night too!! Really don'y understand why it has risen so much over the last couple of weeks, the price of crude is no higher than it was a fortnight ago, the £:$ exchange is better, so why has it gone up almost 5p a litre?? There isn't a logical answer I'm afraid, just being RIPPED OFF!!!!

With this 3p a litre in August I am predicting a dielse price of around £1.60 a litre based on recent rip offs!! Hope I am proved wrong!!

Some commentator reckoned people would stomach up to £1.50 a litre then All Hell Would Break Loose and the country would stop, I can really see that happening, I think it needs to just to redress the situation.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
28-03-2012 08:30am