Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Identifying Evoque Models
DavidB

How would I identify an Evoque model (Pure / Prestige / Dynamic) from outside? There do not seem to be any explicit markings saying which model it is and if you're just following one then wheels etc. Are not much of a clue!

Is there an easy way?

Thanks,

David
15-03-2014 07:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Identifying Evoque Models

From the colour of the front grille, the side blades, the rear diffuser/ trim and coupes can be told from Evoques by their bonnet vents, lower roof line at the back and ............... less doors! ED4 has only one exhaust, SD4 Pure 2 plain ones, SD4 Prestige, two with chrome-a-like trim and Dynamic exhausts exit the rear diffuser through square chromed cutouts............. I'm sure that I have forgotten something ............. Ahh yes from the back the SD 4 badges - Pure is Black, Prestige is chrome-a-like and Dynamic is red. It's really quite simple when you are an anorak!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2014 07:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-03-2014 07:34pm
PhilSkill

If you're following one, As Tim says the Dynamics are easy as they have the larger diffuser and chrome square exhausts, and the Badges different as above. Prestige's have a chrome strip under the rear window, but not sure if that still applies with 2014 models.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-03-2014 10:25pm
DavidB

Thanks. I will now be diligent in spotting the different models. I'll let you know about the Prestige trim when mine finally turns up!!

David

Diesel Coupe 2.2 SD4 Prestige Lux. Orkney Grey. Privacy Glass. Cirrus/Lunar with Dark Grey Oak Trim.
20" Style Six Wheels + Steel Spare. Auto dimming Rear View Mirror. Adaptive Xenon Headlights.
15-03-2014 10:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

2014MY Prestige lost the chrome strip under the rear windows for sure

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-03-2014 10:45pm
DavidB

(15-03-2014 10:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  2014MY Prestige lost the chrome strip under the rear windows for sure

Oh well! Just have to look for the other clues! DB

Diesel Coupe 2.2 SD4 Prestige Lux. Orkney Grey. Privacy Glass. Cirrus/Lunar with Dark Grey Oak Trim.
20" Style Six Wheels + Steel Spare. Auto dimming Rear View Mirror. Adaptive Xenon Headlights.
15-03-2014 10:55pm
Evo-king

Those are the standard clues.

However, quite a few owners have added bits or painted bits, just to confuse you all.Very Happy

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 08:51am by Evo-king.)
16-03-2014 08:51am
DavidB

Oh well! Hoist by my own petard I suppose! It was only so that I could sit in my Prestige Lux Coupe (when it gets here!) and feel smug if I saw an "inferior" model!!

David

16-03-2014 07:00pm
Silver Fox

(16-03-2014 07:00pm)DavidB Wrote:  Oh well! Hoist by my own petard I suppose! It was only so that I could sit in my Prestige Lux Coupe (when it gets here!) and feel smug if I saw an "inferior" model!!

David

Hi,There are no inferior models in the Range Rover Evoque as you get what you pay for.

In my case I purchased a Pure with Tech pack and then added the extras that I wanted as opposed to the standard fittings that are on Prestige and Dynamic etc.,

On model differentiation you will find that MY2014 has a moulded fitted rear window and has lost the black trim that fits underneath the side windows and does not continue around the rear window.

I consider this to be a retrograde step by Land Rover and appears to be penny pinching on the Range Rover brand.
17-03-2014 08:32am
DavidB

I was speaking very much "tongue in cheek"!!!

17-03-2014 08:35am