Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
INSURANCE QUERY
LDT

INSURANCE QUERY

I have used two comparison sites today to get an idea of insurance cost. On both, the cost of insurance without a tracker is cheaper than with a tracker. I have double checked this! Does anyone know why this could be please?

I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
08-12-2011 06:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: INSURANCE QUERY

(08-12-2011 06:19pm)LDT Wrote:  I have used two comparison sites today to get an idea of insurance cost. On both, the cost of insurance without a tracker is cheaper than with a tracker. I have double checked this! Does anyone know why this could be please?

I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

UK Insurance is weird, maybe because Tracker isn't an LR approved accessory perhaps?

Was amazed when I insured my Audi last year that addding additional drivers to the policy pushed the price downwards by quite a bit - for some peverse reason it reduces risk apparently.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
08-12-2011 06:25pm
LDT

RE: INSURANCE QUERY

Thanks Straydox. I was going to take the tracker out of my current car and transfer to the RRE, but will not bother now.

mark_n made a point a short while ago that if it were stolen, is retrieval the best option, which set me thinking and re-considering whether to use the tracker. The decision was dependent upon how much the tracker would reduce insurance premiums. Mark's comment prompted me to compare the cost with and without, and thank goodness I did! I wish I had carried out the same exercise over the last 6 years and saved my money!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
08-12-2011 07:11pm
rsk21

INSURANCE QUERY

Odd indeed.

We insure via NFU mutual, they're pricey but the product and service is the best by far plus they also cover off-road use as standard.

I had them quote for my ordered RRE this week and it was £200 less p/a with the tracker fitted.

RSK
08-12-2011 07:36pm