babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
INSURANCE QUERY - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (/Forum-Marketplace)
+--- Forum: Finance & Insurance (/Forum-Finance-Insurance)
+--- Thread: INSURANCE QUERY (/Thread-INSURANCE-QUERY)

INSURANCE QUERY - LDT - 08-12-2011 06:19pm

I have used two comparison sites today to get an idea of insurance cost. On both, the cost of insurance without a tracker is cheaper than with a tracker. I have double checked this! Does anyone know why this could be please?

I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

RE: INSURANCE QUERY - Straydox - 08-12-2011 06:25pm

(08-12-2011 06:19pm)LDT Wrote:  I have used two comparison sites today to get an idea of insurance cost. On both, the cost of insurance without a tracker is cheaper than with a tracker. I have double checked this! Does anyone know why this could be please?

I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

UK Insurance is weird, maybe because Tracker isn't an LR approved accessory perhaps?

Was amazed when I insured my Audi last year that addding additional drivers to the policy pushed the price downwards by quite a bit - for some peverse reason it reduces risk apparently.

RE: INSURANCE QUERY - LDT - 08-12-2011 07:11pm

Thanks Straydox. I was going to take the tracker out of my current car and transfer to the RRE, but will not bother now.

mark_n made a point a short while ago that if it were stolen, is retrieval the best option, which set me thinking and re-considering whether to use the tracker. The decision was dependent upon how much the tracker would reduce insurance premiums. Mark's comment prompted me to compare the cost with and without, and thank goodness I did! I wish I had carried out the same exercise over the last 6 years and saved my money!

INSURANCE QUERY - rsk21 - 08-12-2011 07:36pm

Odd indeed.

We insure via NFU mutual, they're pricey but the product and service is the best by far plus they also cover off-road use as standard.

I had them quote for my ordered RRE this week and it was £200 less p/a with the tracker fitted.

RSK