Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm now car-less
Token

RE: I'm now car-less

Selling mine in a couple of weeks time and going to use it as an excuse to get myself a beaten up old toy of some description which I will keep when the Evoque arrives!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
24-09-2011 05:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

I'm now car-less

If I'm left 'carless' I might do the same...always wanted a 1980s BMW 3 series (the E30 model)....although all the decent ones are starting to appreciate now...
24-09-2011 06:35am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: I'm now car-less

I noticed last night as I drove passed the local National/Europcar rental centre that they had a line of some very desirable Audi, BMW and Mercedes convertibles lined up on the forecourt - might be a good time to rent one for a few weeks and enjoy the forecast Indian summer over the next two weeks or so. They also had an Aston Martin V8 Vantage in the line of cars - now this isn't a big city depot, this is a small country town depot so I wonder if they are having a special promotion of desirable cars at the moment.
I was once let down very badly by Hertz a few years ago, I thought I would treat myself and the lady friend to a weekend in the New Forest with a Merc SL500, duly booked and confirmed for collection from the Heathrow Airport branch........... when I arrived there was no SL500 in sight and what had they on offer.................... a Volvo S80, a very nice car but not a 2 seat open top tourer for a sunny weekend on the south coast. Europcar rose to the challenge though when I called them, they got us an SLK at no notice and for the same rate as a 2.0ltr auto C class Merc!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-09-2011 01:37pm