Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
I have mine now..and am loving it...but.....
Billionaireboysclub

RE: I have mine now..and am loving it...but.....

(12-03-2012 10:00pm)mark_n Wrote:  Seriously, how often do people adjust the temperature? Mine came set at 20 each side and I have not changed it since. I would have thought you set it at your preferred temperature and leave it.

As for the DRL and the indicator, I think the standard indicator bulb is not bright enough to be plainly visible above the DRL hence the need to dim the DRL. Can't say I have noticed people pointing and laughing at my dimmed DRL. If anything, it shows an impressive attention detail, like the extra late drip wipe on the wash wipe cycles, the warning you don't have enough fuel to reach your destination from the SatNav and so on.

Besides, I hardly think a trumped-up Toyota is a model for anything LR should be following...

[I tried an SC430 once, what a joke of a car that was, felt like Noddy and Big Ears had lent it to me...]

I do change my temp a lot...depending on if Im wearing a suit, Jumper etc.

You mock a trumped up Toyota...but I have had 2 of them..and I think they are great cars....and they do have features which others should follow.

SC430 is a bad choice...agreed....but my IS 250 SE-L is still an amazing car...and still a head turner.
(12-03-2012 09:02pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  I think the whistling noise is connected with the brakes. If you press the brake, you can get the noise to start again as often as you like.

2) See above. It's somthing to do with the brake servo, I think. It's certainly not a problem with your car, as everyone's does it.

4) Do you mean it stuck IN dual screen, or wouldn't enter that mode? If the former, have you tried pressing 'exit'? (Not 'cancel' as suggested in the handbook).

b) Only available on a Prestige, for some bizarre reason.

c) Is this not just a resolution thing? (The same effect you get when watching TV on a smaller screen).

c) no...not resolution, as its only fuzzy when in reverse. When I view the camera screen and choose the back camera...its clear. As soon as I put the car in reverse..the view is fuzzy

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 10:43pm by Billionaireboysclub.)
12-03-2012 10:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(12-03-2012 10:42pm)Billionaireboysclub Wrote:  c) no...not resolution, as its only fuzzy when in reverse. When I view the camera screen and choose the back camera...its clear. As soon as I put the car in reverse..the view is fuzzy

It must be a specific problem with your car, then, as mine is good quality in reverse gear (and I find it really useful, especially with the added lines). Puzzling, as it's obviously not the camera if that's good in other modes. Sounds like something you'll have to take up with the dealer. (To clarify whether it relates to the change to reverse, or the change to full screen, is it OK on the enlarged setting when not in reverse?).
12-03-2012 11:17pm
VirtualCamper

Is there perhaps a protective film on the reverse camera still?
Audi air con can do both, press and hold auto and both side sync and will work as if one from the drivers controller, but you can adjust passenger side independently if you wish, once you do alter the passenger side they work indepently until you press and hold auto again.
One for the now very long improvement list!

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 11:35pm by VirtualCamper.)
12-03-2012 11:32pm
JackMac

High pitch sound after shutoff must be the cooling system for the turbo. My MINI does exactly the same thing. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee....

2012 Range Rover Evoque 5-door Si4
13-03-2012 02:15am
Billionaireboysclub

(12-03-2012 11:17pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It must be a specific problem with your car, then, as mine is good quality in reverse gear (and I find it really useful, especially with the added lines). Puzzling, as it's obviously not the camera if that's good in other modes. Sounds like something you'll have to take up with the dealer. (To clarify whether it relates to the change to reverse, or the change to full screen, is it OK on the enlarged setting when not in reverse?).

Its fine and clear when Im viewing the rear screen in full screen mode....just when I select reverse...Ill try and take pics to show

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
13-03-2012 08:42am
Donny Dog

(13-03-2012 02:15am)JackMac Wrote:  High pitch sound after shutoff must be the cooling system for the turbo. My MINI does exactly the same thing. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee....

It happens on start as well as stop, and any time you press the brake with the engine running.
13-03-2012 09:19am
hapsta

Mine hasn't arrived yet but is the noise when the car is turned off the park brake applying?

Si4 Pure Coupe, Auto, Colima Lime, 20 Inch Style 8 Wheels, Cirrus Interior, Powered Tailgate, Pure Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Rear Bucket Seats, Powerfold Mirrors, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto Headlights, Front Parking Aid, Rear Camera, Spare Set 19 inch Style 4 Wheels.
13-03-2012 01:30pm
Donny Dog

(13-03-2012 01:30pm)hapsta Wrote:  Mine hasn't arrived yet but is the noise when the car is turned off the park brake applying?

No.

(13-03-2012 08:42am)Billionaireboysclub Wrote:  Its fine and clear when Im viewing the rear screen in full screen mode....just when I select reverse...Ill try and take pics to show

Mine has developed a fault now!! It's obvious that the software that 'drives' the camera in reverse gear is different from other user modes. Mine now points at the boot lid when in reverse. I can stop this happening by using the panning controls in normal camera mode. However, if you leave it looking properly towards the rear in camera mode, it reverts to the incorrect view when you select reverse gear. This is doubly annoying as I have got used to relying on it when reversing. Anybody else had this particular problem? If so, any cures??
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 02:20pm by Donny Dog.)
13-03-2012 02:15pm
BOBM4N

(13-03-2012 02:15pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  No.

Mine has developed a fault now!! It's obvious that the software that 'drives' the camera in reverse gear is different from other user modes. Mine now points at the boot lid when in reverse. I can stop this happening by using the panning controls in normal camera mode. However, if you leave it looking properly towards the rear in camera mode, it reverts to the incorrect view when you select reverse gear. This is doubly annoying as I have got used to relying on it when reversing. Anybody else had this particular problem? If so, any cures??

I suspect it has something to do with the direction guide overlay that is displayed. There must be some software that changes the actual camera picture and adds the guide lines resulting in a poorer quality image. Same on mine

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
13-03-2012 02:28pm
Donny Dog

(13-03-2012 02:28pm)BOBM4N Wrote:  I suspect it has something to do with the direction guide overlay that is displayed. There must be some software that changes the actual camera picture and adds the guide lines resulting in a poorer quality image. Same on mine

But why would mine suddenly decide to point to the boot lid when in reverse gear? Confused (The picture is otherwise just as clear as normal camera mode, even with the overlay).
13-03-2012 02:31pm