Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How useful do you find the TV/DVD?
dandavis1

How useful do you find the TV/DVD?

When choosing my car, I decided against the dual-view screen figuring my passenger would feel rather sick staring at the screen watching a film, plus I'd rather my passenger (usually my wife) chatted to me rather than stared at a film, and I hoped my wife would rather that too! For those with it (or with the TV tuner), how often do you honestly use it?
18-02-2012 05:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: How useful do you find the TV/DVD?

(18-02-2012 05:38pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  When choosing my car, I decided against the dual-view screen figuring my passenger would feel rather sick staring at the screen watching a film, plus I'd rather my passenger (usually my wife) chatted to me rather than stared at a film, and I hoped my wife would rather that too! For those with it (or with the TV tuner), how often do you honestly use it?

In my present car (albeit not split-screen, so doesn't work on the move), never!
18-02-2012 06:18pm
defender_uk

never have a need to use...and unwanted extra, along with pano roof, of the lux pack

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
18-02-2012 07:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

Glad I didn't spec it then!
18-02-2012 08:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The only times I have used it are when I'm sat in the car waiting in the queue for the car wash and even then there isn't usually anything I want to watch. I don't have a TV in the house so don't miss it when I'm in the car. It's the 2nd car I have had with hybrid TV, lived without TV since 1985 in the house, don't need it in the car. Waste of money, but I'm sure if I had kids then it would be different, but then I would have a sensible car with RSE.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 10:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-02-2012 09:49pm
cjfp

I find it ......

God, the problem has spread to the individual posts as well as the Titles !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-02-2012 09:50pm
ChuckieB

(18-02-2012 05:38pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  When choosing my car, I decided against the dual-view screen figuring my passenger would feel rather sick staring at the screen watching a film, plus I'd rather my passenger (usually my wife) chatted to me rather than stared at a film, and I hoped my wife would rather that too! For those with it (or with the TV tuner), how often do you honestly use it?

So how does she feel when you are tapping away contributing to the forum. Would she rather you talk to her! Laughing

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
18-02-2012 10:52pm
broady43

(18-02-2012 09:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The only times I have used it are when I'm sat in the car waiting in the queue for the car wash and even then there isn't usually anything I want to watch. I don't have a TV in the house so don't miss it when I'm in the car. It's the 2nd car I have had with hybrid TV, lived without TV since 1985 in the house, don't need it in the car. Waste of money, but I'm sure if I had kids then it would be different, but then I would have a sensible car with RSE.

No kids,no TV,you must have so much time on your hands!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
18-02-2012 11:12pm
ant

I use it a lot. Very useful.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
19-02-2012 01:10am
jitenc

I use it all the time listening to the news on my way to work. The reception isn't that great as it cuts out often when doing greater speeds in the car. Also, if you are in the full image view mode travelling below 5 mph, and you increase the speed above 5mph, the tv function does cut off and stays off. You have to go back into pressing the buttons to go into full image view mode again. Annoying at times.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
19-02-2012 09:53am