Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How's the Evoque in cross-winds?
Wingco

How's the Evoque in cross-winds?

Hi everyone, been lurking around this site for around 6 months - probably exiting co. car scheme Aug '12 and really interested in an Evoque.
Currently have an '08 BMW 320d SE "Edition", and I'd assumed I'd be interested in the SD4 engined RRE, but having read the consumption figures everyones' reporting, I'm wondering whether it would make more sense to go for a petrol - if I end up with an Evoque, it would be my own vehicle. I have a 50 mile round commute, not so many business miles these days; although having had t/d company cars for last 10 years I expect I'd miss all that torque!
Mind you, by the time I've spec'd-up my ideal RRE Dynamic Coupe, I'm also tempted to look for an ex-demo '12MY RRS 3.0 diesel and be done with it, come August.... I know of course these two vehicles are two completely different beasts, but there's no getting away from the fact that my ideal RRE is best part of 45k !!

anyway, all that is somewhat pie-in-the sky at the moment so back on topic, just wondered with the really strong winds we've had in the UK last few days, what people's thoughts are on how the Evoque fares compared to anything else?

David
05-01-2012 11:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: How's the Evoque in cross-winds?

Mine's been fine .... hasn't blown off the drive once! Hopefully I'll get to drive it again at the weekend!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
05-01-2012 11:39pm
ytshome

Surprisingly good. I actually said as much to my misses yesterday when it was blowing a hoooooley? Welcome to the forum.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 11:46pm by ytshome.)
05-01-2012 11:46pm
Wingco

(05-01-2012 11:39pm)cjfp Wrote:  Mine's been fine .... hasn't blown off the drive once! Hopefully I'll get to drive it again at the weekend!

Very good Rolling Eyes
Actually, you can all imagine just how useful a BMW 320d [without winter tyres] was this time last year....
In Northumberland.....
06-01-2012 12:28am
ED209

Probably a lot better than the lorry i followed on the A1 washington last night, the wheels on one side of the trailer were off the ground at one point.
06-01-2012 01:12am
Trax

It's great, after my delight at watching Newcastle beat Manu 3-0, my night was further bettered by the evoques handling during a few hours driving down the A1. I could feel the gusts, but it stayed straight and true, with a little buffeting.

The car was a great place to be in that wind and driving rain. Hope the guy driving the lorry which was sat on its side was OK though.
06-01-2012 01:15am
IKM

Better than RRS in cross winds, and around the same as FL2.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
06-01-2012 01:24pm
cjfp

(06-01-2012 01:15am)Trax Wrote:  It's great, after my delight at watching Newcastle beat Manu 3-0, my night was further bettered by the evoques handling during a few hours driving down the A1. I could feel the gusts, but it stayed straight and true, with a little buffeting.

The car was a great place to be in that wind and driving rain. Hope the guy driving the lorry which was sat on its side was OK though.

Delight at the win can be classed as offensive and I may have to delete your post! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
06-01-2012 02:09pm
ED209

(06-01-2012 02:09pm)cjfp Wrote:  Delight at the win can be classed as offensive and I may have to delete your post! Laughing

Why would someone from Hampshire have that opinion??

Are you a typical glory seeking Man U fan??
06-01-2012 02:44pm
Trax

(06-01-2012 02:44pm)ED209 Wrote:  Why would someone from Hampshire have that opinion??

Are you a typical glory seeking Man U fan??

I am glad you said that and not me.

It saddened me greatly watching the Manu fans coaches also traveling down the A1 that night, knowing how far it was to London and the South East........

Dynamic Auto SD4 Coupe in Fuji.
07-01-2012 02:06am