Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
How many BRR Owners have had this happen.....
IvorRedOne

I don't know what it is about this car but it is a Magnet to Door Denters. I was parked up at my daughters school waiting for her to come out. I looked around the car park to find a suitable place. Always ensuring there is enough space either side of me. On this occasion, I had two free spaces either side of me. There were loads more spaces around the car park. I had been sitting in the car for around 5 minutes when a School Teacher drove onto the car park in a Ford POS and parked at the side of me Leaving around a two foot gap. I was facing outwards and she was facing inwards so her drivers door would be next to mine. Unbelievable! This woman with at least 5 dents in her door tried to get out of her car. I beeped my horn, started up the car and drove forwards and reversed back allowing her more room to get out. After showing her courtesy she looked at me with a face that would have given me detention in the old days. I just shook my head and had to laugh. This isn't the only time this has happened. You could park your BRR on the Moon and some prat will park next to you. So far escaped any dents but I know they are just waiting to happen. When that day arrives I'm going to go Ballistic. Rolling Eyes
02-07-2012 10:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

RE: How many BRR Owners have had this happen.....

I hate driving my car to shopping centres for the same reasons!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
02-07-2012 11:44pm
Stadt Panzer

With you on that! I might even kill someone!!!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
03-07-2012 06:05am
Daigriff

There are a lot of stupid people out there sadly. I took out the dent/scratch insurance for that reason. Haven t had to use it yet as I always park away from other cars. But am sure it will happen soon.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
03-07-2012 12:39pm
Kentboy

(03-07-2012 12:39pm)Daigriff Wrote:  There are a lot of stupid people out there sadly. I took out the dent/scratch insurance for that reason. Haven t had to use it yet as I always park away from other cars. But am sure it will happen soon.

Dent Scratch insurance sounds useful.....how/where does that work?

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
03-07-2012 06:30pm
cjfp

(03-07-2012 06:30pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Dent Scratch insurance sounds useful.....how/where does that work?

You pay for a policy and they ensure that every time you park (far away from everyone in a car park), when you return some @&?! has parked next to you and scratched/dented it! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-07-2012 06:33pm
Bowl

That's why I always park like this... there are too many careless suckers out there

[Image: 57edb352.jpg]
[Image: 292eb818.jpg]
[Image: 106b7d2a.jpg]
[Image: 2ad791d8.jpg]
[Image: 3835f559.jpg]
[Image: 19c15295.jpg]
[Image: c8d32c0c.jpg]

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 07:58pm by Bowl.)
03-07-2012 07:54pm
Paul O

They are very wide cars and in the UK particularly, our public car parks only have small spaces - designed for 80's cars presumably. So its always a tight fit. We've got a ding already but thankfully it isn't very noticable.

It'll always happen - our Fiesta (which we bought brand new 3 years ago) got a very noticable chip within the first year. I had it resprayed and a month later, we got another one. I gave up!

So many people just don't care about other peoples stuff. We tend to go for end spaces or go to the shops later in the day when the car parks are more likely to be empty (if we can). But even then, this is what happens... Rolling Eyes

[Image: carpark.jpg]

Here is my rant about it if you fancy a read Very Happy

http://motorcloud.net/motormuse/motor-nature/

Red RR Evoque TD4, 5 door.
Mini One Cabriolet.
Black Porsche 997S Cabriolet [SOLD].
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 08:16pm by Paul O.)
03-07-2012 08:13pm
Evoquer

In Korea, new cars come with ding protectors on the doors.

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogI...0116086436

That is to be nice to the other cars and people don't mind keeping them. Smile

More passive option will be this. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
04-07-2012 05:20am
IvorRedOne

(03-07-2012 07:54pm)Bowl Wrote:  That's why I always park like this... there are too many careless suckers out there
But what happens when someone parks close to your Drivers door? Your completely screwed then lol. You will need a Can Opener to get in. Nice one.
04-07-2012 10:37am