Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you like your evoque navigation system?
KaDargo

RE: How do you like your evoque navigation system?

I find that it suddenly dislikes motorways, and if you constantly ignore a route change, it tries to send you down a dead end !! Laughing

Seriously, why is there such a divided opinion - is it because some of us are doing it wrong (ie, never used a LR sat nav before?) - is there a 'knack' to it

My biggest problem is getting a route list without having to commit to a route first, and the manual hardly gives any information how to use it!

When I upgrade my phone to a Nokia Lumia in June I will probably use the 'Nokia Drive' function if it's amy good!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
18-03-2013 12:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Hi KaDargo, Enter your destination, it gives a preview screen, Where you would then confirm the chosen destination or adjust the pointer, and if route options available there is a "3 Routes" button to the Top Right of the screen, select that and you get the choice of 3 aternatives in 3 colours.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-03-2013 12:46pm
KaDargo

(18-03-2013 12:46pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi KaDargo, Enter your destination, it gives a preview screen, Where you would then confirm the chosen destination or adjust the pointer, and if route options available there is a "3 Routes" button to the Top Right of the screen, select that and you get the choice of 3 aternatives in 3 colours.

Phil - yes I know that, but the detailed 'turn list' can only be got at once I have chosen one of the coloured routes!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
18-03-2013 12:48pm
PhilSkill

Ok, never really wanted to look at that in car, I tend to just set destination and once chosen the route, just follow it or make it up myself and let it re-adjust. I guess it needs you to select a route to be able to give the turn list.

Worst thing for me is the TMC if you turn it on, it constantly wants to change the route and I havent found a fast way to see in any detail where the holdup is or what the change is in the new route to decide yes or no, so end up just turning it off.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-03-2013 02:02pm
cardiffevoque

I find the Sat Nav rather clunky to use and the screen is not very well laid out - touch screen buttons are rather oddly scattered and don't offer a clean view of things. Having said that it seems to work ok for me. It's far quicker than my old TomTom to get a satellite signal. I used to have to wait ages for the TomTom to connect before progarmming it. I never use the voice guidance as I find that annoying cutting into my music to tell me to turn (and then repeating it a further two times - highly annoying). Zooming in on the map is a bit laborious...Honda have a better system of zoom - a small rocker switch.

SD4 Dynamic, 5 door, manual, Firenze Red with Fuji roof, adaptive headlights, auto dimming mirror, spare wheel Very Happy
20-03-2013 10:46am
RRSteve

On my first trip into North Wales since getting my Evoque last weekend, I found the Sat Nav to be quite good! Better to use than the one I had in my previous BMW Z4 E89.

Saying that mind the TMC was better in my BMW but that also had a knack of sending you off route and then you find there was no traffic problem!
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 11:04am by RRSteve.)
10-05-2013 10:58am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's a pity that the 4x4 part of it that the RRS and FFRR have isn't included in the Evoque set-up, at least the off-road mapping they have has some(albeit not that useful) offroad ability. I prefer to use my iPad with Memory Map Navigator licences Ordnance Survey maps in it for offroad. I don't have any issues with the in road bit, however I ave noticed that since the car has had several software upgrades recently it has been struggling to get down the motorway and get under a bridge instead of going up the slip road, round the roundabout and down the other slip road back onto the motorway............ Just as well I generally beat a well worn route and use it mainly for the TMC on long treks

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 02:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-05-2013 02:07pm