Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I attach rear video screens?
BFGEvoqueMan

How do I attach rear video screens?

As you can see from my signature I have a 2013 MY UK Spec car with the 825W sound system and rear view camera. The only modification (to date) is that I have installed one of Pete's (@BAS) in motion boxes so we can play a DVD as we drive along, which is fine as the RSE option was not possible with our car as we have the Plus Pack seats. The car does not have dualview.

I was at the stealers the other day and part of the print off they gave me about the spill rail recall said the car had headphone connections (but no headphones). Does anybody know if this means we could just connect the IR headphone sender and my son could listen to his beloved DVD's whilst we enjoy some peace and quiet?

The other option is can someone who has done this explain to me with a list of parts what I would need to do to attach a tablet to the main head unit (which slot, what cables required etc.) ; if I went down this route, then if I switch off the main head unit screen (like a dark car at night) would the movie still play in the rear?

I am very technically minded but this is new stuff to me so a simple explanation would be appreciated.

Very many thanks

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
04-11-2013 10:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: How do I attach rear video screens?

The headphones are wireless - on the roof liner above the RVM should be a large dark shiny plastic "thing" which is the transmitter for the whitefire wireless headphones. Might be worth contacting Whitefire to see you can hook the wireless up to your tablets

The shiny thing at the top of this photo is the headset transmitter
[Image: D9FB5E4A-BB1B-455D-88C4-BED59660B292-791...9a11d8.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 12:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-11-2013 12:30pm
BFGEvoqueMan

Tim,

I do not have the module for headphones in the car; I just have the "standard" UK car set up, except I have the 825W system.

I was just intrigues that the printout I had from the German dealer about my car would imply that the wiring was all there for headphones, but clearly no headphones (which I already knew!). If anybody has a wiring diagram for the rear of the head unit that would be great.

Thanks

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
04-11-2013 01:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There may be an "aux out" type socket at the back of the head unit that the wireless transmitter would normally plug into when it's fitted - this could allow you you to possibly plug in a wifi type arrangement to send to the tablets - just a point but do your tablets have bluetooth? My ipad does as I use a Zacc BT keyboard with it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 04:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-11-2013 04:15pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(04-11-2013 04:15pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There may be an "aux out" type socket at the back of the head unit that the wireless transmitter would normally plug into when it's fitted - this could allow you you to possibly plug in a wifi type arrangement to send to the tablets - just a point but do your tablets have bluetooth? My ipad does as I use a Zacc BT keyboard with it

Yeah that's what I thought. Tablets to follow based on what wiring options are available.

04-11-2013 06:21pm