Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Do You Guys Use Your Gtechniq Products?
PhilSkill

RE: How Do You Guys Use Your Gtechniq Products?

I really like this stuff, but have been tentative doing my paintwork without practice, hence practicing on the wheels/trim and waiting for a time when i'm not in any rush to get this done, plus I want to apply EXO (v1) on top which needs decent temperatures to save heating everything up too much. I think once you get the hang of the process and understand it properties it'll be easy, as you say you have to do to really learn. Adding C1.5 is pretty much normal process anyway and should improve the hydrophobicity of the finish too.

Biggest problem for me is it takes a lot of the day to wash the cars leaving little time for the treatments after.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-03-2013 02:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(06-03-2013 12:07am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hope it sorts it valeter, i would have thought something would remove it (like IPA) as otherwise bodyshops would have a nightmare when doing resprays.

The only thing that will remove it is a polish. If its only a light excess then P1 by hand will do it. If its heavy then you're going to have to find someone with a machine polisher.

Out of interest The Valeter - what is it you do?
06-03-2013 03:04pm
doug

Get yourself an old car bonnet from a scap yard to practice on. It's a great way to learn scratch removal,filling in clips etc...

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
06-03-2013 04:51pm
speary

(05-03-2013 08:17pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I find g-wash suds fine, and gives a real slippery feel, you can also leave it to soak areas rather than rubbing them. I use Tar-X to remove the tar it works really well, justa small anount of pressure with a micrifibre mitt removes all the spots, it does leave an oily residue unless you remove it with a degreaser, but tar-x alone gives amazing water repellancy. Just Tar-X and Iron-X mine after Winter, and treated the plastic with C1 (C4/C5) although the bodywork has a Definitive Wax on it, as not got round to polishing and C1/Exo for the paintwork yet.

Rear Tailgate with Iron-X after last 2 months and door with Tar-X, just sprayed on, finally after wax applied, no polishing/claying required.

Does this X stuff wash off easily. Presumably I would need to reapply my C2 after as I imagine it strips off any wax/coatings etc

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-03-2013 07:19pm
The Valeter

(06-03-2013 03:04pm)WB Wrote:  The only thing that will remove it is a polish. If its only a light excess then P1 by hand will do it. If its heavy then you're going to have to find someone with a machine polisher.

Out of interest The Valeter - what is it you do?

I am a Mobile Car Valeter but 95% of my stuff is Autoglym which most folk can use & I went on the Autoglym training course etc.
Gtechniq C1, C5 is a totally different thing I have learnt. The C1.5 & other things that I have got here seem very similar to other stuff I use. Strangly my Autoglym Rep called this morning & he had exactly the same Microfibre cloth as the MF1 & the same blue towel!!

I do have a machine polisher & it is a good one but is the Rotary type & I hate the thing. I am going to get a new one soon based on DA design.

Incidentally I went over the car with C1.5 this morning & it seems to have removed the marks except a few spots where I obviously have put too much C1 on - I will get it right!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 07:40pm by The Valeter.)
06-03-2013 07:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(06-03-2013 07:38pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I am a Mobile Car Valeter but 95% of my stuff is Autoglym which most folk can use & I went on the Autoglym training course etc.
Gtechniq C1, C5 is a totally different thing I have learnt. The C1.5 & other things that I have got here seem very similar to other stuff I use. Strangly my Autoglym Rep called this morning & he had exactly the same Microfibre cloth as the MF1 & the same blue towel!!

I do have a machine polisher & it is a good one but is the Rotary type & I hate the thing. I am going to get a new one soon based on DA design.

Incidentally I went over the car with C1.5 this morning & it seems to have removed the marks except a few spots where I obviously have put too much C1 on - I will get it right!!

Do PM me of you decide to sell your rotary as I might be interested.
06-03-2013 09:15pm
PhilSkill

(06-03-2013 07:19pm)speary Wrote:  Does this X stuff wash off easily. Presumably I would need to reapply my C2 after as I imagine it strips off any wax/coatings etc

Yes the iron-x rinses off with lots of water, tar-x leaves an oily residue so a cleaner needed if going to put wax or something on, I think iron-x will remove your C2 but then if you've gone to the trouble/expense of iron-x you would put a new coating of C2 on anyway, I doubt iron-x would touch C1 though.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
07-03-2013 12:36am
The Valeter

I've heard good reports about Iron-X but never got around to searching a place to buy it.
Not come accross the Tar-X - More info Please? I'm guessing it is a tar remover version of the wheel stuff!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
07-03-2013 12:59am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

Andy,
The best Tar remover on the Market is Tardis.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/...ardis.html

Other retailers also sell this product
Phil,
I heard that Iron X won't strip a sealant Shocked Tardis Will.
Must say i have no proof of this as I always use IPA for the final wipe down before applying a new coat of sealant or wax.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 05:40pm by doug.)
07-03-2013 05:29pm
PhilSkill

(07-03-2013 12:59am)The Valeter Wrote:  I've heard good reports about Iron-X but never got around to searching a place to buy it.
Not come accross the Tar-X - More info Please? I'm guessing it is a tar remover version of the wheel stuff!

Tar-X (or equivalent Tardis), yes spray on, bright green so you can see where it is, the tar dissolves and a light rub and the tar falls away, then if you are going to put further treatments on you need to degrease like doug says with IPA or something as it leaves an oily residue. Oh and watch out as Tar-x and Tardis dissolve the seals in the spray gun!

http://polishyourcar.co.uk/carpro-tarx-600ml.html

Many other retailers sell this too...

Thanks doug good to know the iron-X should be ok on a sealant. Unfortunately tar is the biggest eye-sore on a white car.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 08:21pm by PhilSkill.)
07-03-2013 08:20pm