Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Do You Guys Use Your Gtechniq Products?
WB
WB

RE: How Do You Guys Use Your Gtechniq Products?

(05-03-2013 02:23pm)JohnM Wrote:  It would be nice if they did a complete kit that included Body Work/ Interior Trim/Exterior trim/Glass polish/Glass sealant/Leather cleaner/protector/ Detailer spray, ect as apposed to having to buy it all separatley. Keen on this product just a bit old school as i have always used polishes & sealants that need constant topping up for the protection to last more than 8 to 12 weeks but very tempted by this new detailing technology.

They do sell a kit -> http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/kit...-complete/

(05-03-2013 02:26pm)speary Wrote:  I use C2 to great effect and the finish lasts. I am trying G-wash and their lambs wool mit. First wash used 2 caps to a bucket and was a bit dissapointed with the suds. This week I used 2 and a half and it was much better and felt well lubricated when applying to the car. I use the MF2 drying towel which will just about dry the whole car without wringing out. I also find it good for absorbing water from all those water traps on the car, along trims etc
One other comment, having Fuji white I tend to notice that tar spots appear rather quickly just behind the front wheels on the lower wing and doors. I would have expected that they would come off easier with the C2 on the paint but they still need clay barring to get them off. At least C2 is really easy to re apply

It's a low sud formula! Laughing
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 02:40pm by WB.)
05-03-2013 02:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnM

(05-03-2013 02:39pm)WB Wrote:  They do sell a kit -> http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/kit...-complete/

It's a low sud formula! Laughing

Many thanks Thumbs Up
05-03-2013 08:10pm
PhilSkill

(05-03-2013 02:26pm)speary Wrote:  I use C2 to great effect and the finish lasts. I am trying G-wash and their lambs wool mit. First wash used 2 caps to a bucket and was a bit dissapointed with the suds. This week I used 2 and a half and it was much better and felt well lubricated when applying to the car. I use the MF2 drying towel which will just about dry the whole car without wringing out. I also find it good for absorbing water from all those water traps on the car, along trims etc
One other comment, having Fuji white I tend to notice that tar spots appear rather quickly just behind the front wheels on the lower wing and doors. I would have expected that they would come off easier with the C2 on the paint but they still need clay barring to get them off. At least C2 is really easy to re apply

I find g-wash suds fine, and gives a real slippery feel, you can also leave it to soak areas rather than rubbing them. I use Tar-X to remove the tar it works really well, justa small anount of pressure with a micrifibre mitt removes all the spots, it does leave an oily residue unless you remove it with a degreaser, but tar-x alone gives amazing water repellancy. Just Tar-X and Iron-X mine after Winter, and treated the plastic with C1 (C4/C5) although the bodywork has a Definitive Wax on it, as not got round to polishing and C1/Exo for the paintwork yet.

Rear Tailgate with Iron-X after last 2 months and door with Tar-X, just sprayed on, finally after wax applied, no polishing/claying required.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-03-2013 08:17pm
The Valeter

Think I have used too much C1 product as it looks smeary in the sun. Spoke to Gtechniq this morning & it may be worth going over it with C1.5. Embarrassed All very new to me is this so I guess it is a case of getting used to it.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
05-03-2013 08:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

Mines got a wash the other day, used bilt hamber cleanser polish after washing to get rid of those little tar spots, worked pretty well, leaves a nice shine. Topped it of with bilt hamber hydra wax. Never used this brand before but quite impressed.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
05-03-2013 08:42pm
Evo-king

Just been told by my Gtechniq guy a new version of Exo is coming out as well.

Exov2.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-03-2013 11:18pm
PhilSkill

(05-03-2013 08:40pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Think I have used too much C1 product as it looks smeary in the sun. Spoke to Gtechniq this morning & it may be worth going over it with C1.5. Embarrassed All very new to me is this so I guess it is a case of getting used to it.

Yes it's quite easily done, it's very different in that less is more, C1 goes a long way and is very hard once set, i'm building up to the paintwork having done 2 sets of wheels and now the plastic trim.
(05-03-2013 11:18pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Just been told by my Gtechniq guy a new version of Exo is coming out as well.

Exov2.

Yes it removes the need for panels to be at 20 degrees when applied, which should make it much more suitable for home use!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 11:58pm by PhilSkill.)
05-03-2013 11:56pm
The Valeter

I hope the C1.5 gets rid of the smears as I do not intend machineing it myself & would likely need to find someone to sort & reaply while I watch lol.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

06-03-2013 12:03am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Hope it sorts it valeter, i would have thought something would remove it (like IPA) as otherwise bodyshops would have a nightmare when doing resprays.

06-03-2013 12:07am
The Valeter

Looks fine until you look at it with the sun facing you only. A reason why I tend to stick with what I know lol. Still if you don't do you don't learn!

06-03-2013 12:34am