Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Detachable tow bar?
MyronAub

Detachable tow bar?

I'll be picking up my Dynamic on the 1st March; does anyone have any recommendations for the best detachable tow bar?

I'll be towing a horse box probably only half a dozen times a year so ideally want one that all but disappears when not in use - does such a thing exist?
16-02-2012 06:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robc1738

Detachable tow bar?

Can't see where your from on my phone but Hedleys in Durham do them for about £400

Pure SD4 manual, Fugi, Ebony leather, black contrast pano roof, 20" black wheels, tinted windows, xenon lights, fogs, front parking sensors
16-02-2012 06:25pm
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Detachable tow bar?

imho go for a witter as it appears to need the least amount of destruction. I am on my mobile at the moment so can't copy the link, but go to modifications and see my thread about fitting a witter bar. compare the cut with other members photos with lr bar and it is much less.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
17-02-2012 05:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have the Land Rover QR tow hook, looks this in position
[Image: 8e2aa901.jpg]

and this when not in use
[Image: d22b33b7.jpg]

In this day and age I was a little surprised that LR hadn't made it totally hidden like RRS and D4 have

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 06:06pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-02-2012 06:05pm
MyronAub

(17-02-2012 06:05pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I have the Land Rover QR tow hook, looks this in position
In this day and age I was a little surprised that LR hadn't made it totally hidden like RRS and D4 have

Thanks everyone. I eventually decided I wanted the Bosal detachable but the local dealer would only fit a Land Rover approved towbar so I went with their recommended one instead to ensure there was no warranty problems etc. It's a bit tricky to attach sometimes but does the job and is fairly discreet once removed. I'll try to post a pic once the girlfriend gets back from town.
27-03-2012 01:56pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(27-03-2012 01:56pm)MyronAub Wrote:  Thanks everyone. I eventually decided I wanted the Bosal detachable but the local dealer would only fit a Land Rover approved towbar so I went with their recommended one instead to ensure there was no warranty problems etc. It's a bit tricky to attach sometimes but does the job and is fairly discreet once removed. I'll try to post a pic once the girlfriend gets back from town.

Ahh - the old lies about warranty. An e-approved bar will not invalidate the warranty. To be fair I am not surprised they wouldn't want to fit a LR bar as its pure profit for them (especially as the LR bar is twice the price of the Thule bar [which LR block from sale in UK] as they make the bar for LR and just stick LR stickers on it.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
29-03-2012 02:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You will not loose your warranty on the car for fitting a non LR tow bar and electrics, you will loose your warranty on the paint (if steel is cut), body and electrical systems and any other parts that a 3rd party touch to do the instal.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-03-2012 06:29pm