Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with info re: pure vs dynamic
griff

RE: Help with info re: pure vs dynamic

Trust me, you won't regret opting for the electronic tailgate - do it if you possibly can.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
11-02-2013 01:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuH

Are you getting SatNav, give that up for the tailgate, it's useless anyway Smile I drove straight past my own house and it didn't tell me Very Happy
11-02-2013 07:11pm
scrannel

RE: Help with info pure vs dynamic

(11-02-2013 12:07am)leaf911 Wrote:  Btw, sorry, what i meant to ask, was if there was a difference driving the dynamic over one with the AD option.

OK, fair question. The Magnetic suspension is designed as a do-all suspension. This means when you are just driving around it is very smooth. It only becomes "stiff" when it detects it needs to. Which is brilliant. Except the boy-racer crowd didn't see it that way and wanted the suspension to always feel stiff. So GM (and others, including LR) put in the "sport" switch. This will make your car feel more like a highly sprung sports car all the time. It will, however, defeat the purpose of the design. Because I have a bad back and had excellent experience with Mag suspension on my previous Corvette (and I am an "enthusiast driver") I got it on my Evoque. No, you don't NEED it...

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
11-02-2013 07:53pm
leaf911

Lol Scrannel... To be honest, the Evoque is really out of our budget. So, to plan for a pure.. And possibly hope for a dynamic is already high hoping. The big reason I wanted a dynamic is for the black trims and the few other options that covers the clearview and tech pack you would get in a pure anyways.

Griff: i have read countless times that tailgate is really useful. But it is probably an option we could forgo. Isn't it just a convenience thing? Push a button to open and close the tailgate? I am already used to doing it manually, as I am constantly in and out of it. Sure it would come in handy when i have my hands full, but if it means not being able to have (afford) an evoque over not having an evoque (cause i wanted auto tailgate), i opt for the Evoque full stop.

I am not really sure why the electric tailgate is so popular though. Kinda like a keyless entry thing isn't it? It is convenient but due to the cost, you just don't need it? Smile. Would like to hear why other like the e-tailgate though. Oh.. Ad no, not getting sat-nav. I heard, too expensive to upgrade the software/maps, thus just get a Tom/tom or use my iphone lol.
11-02-2013 08:52pm
SuH

The electronic tailgate, which I don't have btw Sad it goes up AND down all by itself. My hands are always full and it would be so much easier if I pushed a button. Anyway I'm living without it so I guess you can to Smile We have The SD4 Pure with Tech Pack, pano roof, white body with black roof. If you get that combo you really don't see the pano roof from the outside, that would save
money.
11-02-2013 10:17pm
scrannel

(11-02-2013 08:52pm)leaf911 Wrote:  Lol Scrannel... To be honest, the Evoque is really out of our budget. So, to plan for a pure.. And possibly hope for a dynamic is already high hoping. The big reason I wanted a dynamic is for the black trims and the few other options that covers the clearview and tech pack you would get in a pure anyways.

Funny, I always thought the Pure was much more harmonious than the Dynamic, (which reminds me a bit of an angry pug). I actually love how they visually "lifted" waist line on the Pure. You're going to love your car.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
12-02-2013 04:09am
Ringo

Leaf911
Like you when I was ordering my Evoque price was a issue. Personaly I like the pure over the dynamic ( yes strange by most of the people on the forum , but each to his own )
You are right in the price of the extras they they are way over the top. As you can see I only went of the basic extra of tech pack, added auto headlights & wipers after I paid deposit.
The e tailgate is something I can live without, you sill get a release open button in the car and one on the key remote. I would have like to have had the reverse camera but once again felt it was to expensive. I can get a gps with a reversing camera put in for about $250.00. The best option IMO is the pano roof ( it was a must for both of us ), saying that, the one that have the contrast color roof don't look as nice OMI ( the glass just dosn't stand out as much and it is had to tell that it even has one.
Good luck with your decission, and what ever you end up I am sure you wll enjoy

TD4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, auto head lights
Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
12-02-2013 05:13am
leaf911

Ringo - reverse camera was important to me because i thought better to invest in it then to ding my car with the limited rear vision. Pano roof, cause all new cars should have one in this day and age, and it's so cool. Clearview pack, cause you have to have the signature lights.. It's what makes the evoque IMO (and yes i do know it comes by it self, but for only a few hundred dollars more for a few other things, i may as well get the CV pack. Tech pack cause you just gotta have it.. It has a few other basic must haves. If i had to, i could live with just apure, but if at all possible, i am really hanging for a dynamic.

*sigh* Waiting on hubby to hear if he gets his new job, then we could order soon i hope. Otherwise, we will have to wait a little longer.. Hopefully not too long.

Saw a black evoque on the way home today.. My first black sighting. First thing i recognised was the signature lights. Meow!
12-02-2013 08:18am
Ringo

(12-02-2013 08:18am)leaf911 Wrote:  Ringo - reverse camera was important to me because i thought better to invest in it then to ding my car with the limited rear vision. Pano roof, cause all new cars should have one in this day and age, and it's so cool. Clearview pack, cause you have to have the signature lights.. It's what makes the evoque IMO (and yes i do know it comes by it self, but for only a few hundred dollars more for a few other things, i may as well get the CV pack. Tech pack cause you just gotta have it.. It has a few other basic must haves. If i had to, i could live with just apure, but if at all possible, i am really hanging for a dynamic.

*sigh* Waiting on hubby to hear if he gets his new job, then we could order soon i hope. Otherwise, we will have to wait a little longer.. Hopefully not too long.

Saw a black evoque on the way home today.. My first black sighting. First thing i recognised was the signature lights. Meow!
Leaf
Sound like you have made up your mind, just go for what you want. You only live once and you might as well enjoy it while you can, nothing worse than getting something and wishing you had got what you realy wanted to in the first place.
Also when you spread the cost of the dearer car over the time that you have it it is only a small amout.

TD4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, auto head lights
Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
12-02-2013 11:00am
mark_n

Truth is, most people don't understand adaptive dynamics, including the dealers. Without it, you have a set of dampers/shock absorbers which have a fixed characteristic, one size trying to fit all. With Adaptive Dynamics, the characteristics are fine tuned to match the road conditions and this leads to an amazing ride quality. When you select sport mode, you get a different profile which has a more sporting edge. So it's not just something which is either on or off, it's something which is working all the time according to one of two profiles.

For me, it's a really great option.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-02-2013 06:29pm