Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help to remove door furniture
Kentboy

Help to remove door furniture

I have booked my RRE in to have the drivers door resprayed after some inconsiderate driver opened their door hard onto my car.

The body shop is a very high quality shop but this is the first RRE they have worked on and they are not sure how to remove all the furniture. I don't really want them experimenting with my car and would like to give them some help as to how to remove inside panels and door plastics/trim and mirror.

Can anyone tell me how I can get this information or does anyone know?

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
04-09-2012 07:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BobM

RE: Help to remove door furniture

Im sure someone will no doubt say - go to TOPIX but I have removed the front passenger door trim to try and cure an annoying vibration that the dealer told me they couldnt hear (thats another story).

Anyway, its not too difficult. There are only 4 actual screws holding the panel on, one at the back of the door release lever backplate under a small plastic cover, one near the top side-edge (if that makes sense) of the door where the door meets the B pillar (again under a plastic cover). There are another two, one on either side of the gap in the door handle and they also have plastic covers over them. All the covers are easily popped off with an appropriate tool. The screws are a mixture of cross head and small torx. The door panel then pops off about 15 panel poppers. I found the best point to lever it off was down near the bottom front corner and be careful as the metal is very soft. I would also put a bit of duck tape where you put the lever. Once you pop the corner, a bit of gentle hand leverage pops the rest off. The top edge will lift/ease up off the door frame, it takes a bit of effort but will ease off. There are about half a dozen electrical connectors etc behind the panel which all detach easily. Replacement is pretty much a reverse of removal but I would take the window seal off and fit it the door frame before you try to put the panel back or you will be there all day.

When you get that far you wont see anything other than a bit more of the door frame and a rigid plastic panel secured to the door by about a dozen torx which covers the whole area. I didnt take this off on mine but the panel holds speakers and other things and looks easy enough to come off to give access into the door cavity.

Whole lot took me no more than an hour at the first attempt.

Hope that helps a bit. Happy to explain any bits I havent been clear on.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
04-09-2012 08:25pm
Kentboy

Bob that's a very big help thank you.

Would you or anyone know how best to remove the outside trim on the door?

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
08-09-2012 09:26am
tecmic

(08-09-2012 09:26am)Kentboy Wrote:  Bob that's a very big help thank you.

Would you or anyone know how best to remove the outside trim on the door?

This is 4 years later (2016) and I'm searching for the same advice. I can't believe how difficult it is to find this info! I've even bought the Workshop Manual (on DVD) and can't even find it in there!

Doing a Google search brings up everything but! Frustratingly, it finds a string of images that look like the Evoque door but are in fact an Audi A3 !!

I had a sneaky feeling that Land Rover would be lousy at providing aftersales help like this!
31-08-2016 09:50am