Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Help from Dynamic owners please
Mike

Help from Dynamic owners please

Hi, I have poor dab reception and have spoken to the dealer who says the aerial is visible in the rear quarter glass both sides, he says he has a Dynamic in the showroom and can clearly see two thin wires. Mine is two weeks old and i cannot see it. My question is am I missing the aerial. Dealer wants me to drive 60 miles or they will pick up car for a look, but thought I would ask for help on here first.
Thanks Very Happy

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
13-02-2012 05:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

RE: Help from Dynamic owners please

(13-02-2012 05:37pm)Mike Wrote:  Hi, I have poor dab reception and have spoken to the dealer who says the aerial is visible in the rear quarter glass both sides, he says he has a Dynamic in the showroom and can clearly see two thin wires. Mine is two weeks old and i cannot see it. My question is am I missing the aerial. Dealer wants me to drive 60 miles or they will pick up car for a look, but thought I would ask for help on here first.
Thanks Very Happy

Think he maybe getting mixed up with the Heated Rear quarters on a 5 door! Then again I maybe talking complete *!$! as usual!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-02-2012 05:42pm
Mike

Mine is a 5 door but can't see any wires, just a grey edge around the glass.

Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
13-02-2012 05:48pm
THEMACS

(13-02-2012 05:48pm)Mike Wrote:  Mine is a 5 door but can't see any wires, just a grey edge around the glass.

I distinctly remember seeing some form of "Wiring" on the rear qaurtes on the 5 door ones I have seen but I automatically thought it was some form of "Demist" function, which it probably isn't!! So maybe rthey are the radio bitsConfused Told you I idin't know what I was on about!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-02-2012 05:54pm
mbs9

There's a thread ongoing here regarding this headlined "Dab & FM reception poor":

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dab-FM-reception-poor

I've got a Dynamic, and here's what I wrote on that thread; hopes this helps:

Here in the US: I got a call from my dealer last week that I was to bring my RRE in for a "reception module upgrade" because some owners have been reporting poor reception, and Land Rover has a fix. I haven't experienced poor reception in my RRE, but I took mine in to the dealership yesterday for the upgrade. It took them about an hour to complete.

So this must be an issue Land Rover is well aware of and, yes, they do have a fix for it.
13-02-2012 05:59pm
Mike

Hi.
I mentioned this to the UK dealer and he has not heard of a fix here.

Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
13-02-2012 06:02pm
tetstb

The antenna for the radio is the heated front screen where fitted or a wire matrix in the rear quarter when the front screen is not present

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 06:29pm by tetstb.)
13-02-2012 06:29pm
Mike

(13-02-2012 06:29pm)tetstb Wrote:  The antenna for the radio is the heated front screen where fitted or a wire matrix in the rear quarter when the front screen is not present

So you know that, but my dealer doesn't? Thats poorSad
Also the dealer did say he looked at a Dynamic which would have the heated screen and still said he could see it in the rear quarters. Does he know what a Dynamic looks like?
You may well have saved me a 120 mile round trip, i also asked the dealer service if they could ask Land Rover but he insisted they would not speak to him without the car!Laughing

Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
13-02-2012 06:58pm
berlin2011

Front screen? Really? According to the parts catalogue it's actually in the roof (at the back slap bang in the middle when viewed from the back/front) with different versions for the pano and non pano roof (for both analogue and DAB)

The only 'visible' aerial would be if you have the tv option then the rear quarter glass would have a small bit of the aerial for the tv visible (hence the some has it some don't remarks)

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 10:56pm by berlin2011.)
13-02-2012 10:52pm