Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure
HA54SYM

Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure

Seems this option is only availble when taking the tech pack?

Dave
21-08-2011 04:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonathon555

RE: Heated Screen and Washer Jets - Pure

I can't select it any other way

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
21-08-2011 05:49pm
Acwats

I checked this with my dealer just this week and he confirmed it's not available as a stand alone item. Mad - message to nick@landrover why is this and why are you not responding to any threads? - nobody is going to spend £1700 to get heated washers I'd like to give you more of my money but you don't seem to want it Twisted Evil

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
21-08-2011 07:04pm
doug

acwats,

To get a answer from nick@landrover, try sending him a PM.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2011 07:11pm by doug.)
21-08-2011 07:09pm
J77

You need to PM him as I have done for other things and always had an instant response. One of the PMs that I got back said he was away spending some time with the evoque, so will be able to answer our questions better.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2011 08:34pm by J77.)
21-08-2011 08:26pm
berlin2011

(21-08-2011 07:04pm)Acwats Wrote:  I checked this with my dealer just this week and he confirmed it's not available as a stand alone item. Mad - message to nick@landrover why is this and why are you not responding to any threads? - nobody is going to spend £1700 to get heated washers I'd like to give you more of my money but you don't seem to want it Twisted Evil

Probably the same reason why AD, Surround Camera, Some of the interior Trim options etc. is not an option on the Pure - differentiating the Prestige/Dynamic (more so the Prestige since they are similar in appearance).

All these items are arguably (do not flame me) at the top end of luxury add-ons and perhaps the product planners did not foresee that people choosing the Pure line wanting to extend this far?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
21-08-2011 08:49pm
Jonathon555

Heated washer jets are crap anyway , as in the depths of winter even pure 100% screen wash normally freezes in the tube feeding the jets.

My Audi has them & they are nor use nor ornament in winter.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
22-08-2011 06:40am
jgouldj

(22-08-2011 06:40am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Heated washer jets are crap anyway , as in the depths of winter even pure 100% screen wash normally freezes in the tube feeding the jets.

My Audi has them & they are nor use nor ornament in winter.

A bit pricey for a bonnet ornament!
22-08-2011 07:44am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They are a legal requirement for cars fitted with Bi-Xenon headlights though so you cannot get round that other than speccing halogen headlights....... The best headlight washers are the old Volvo style with mini-wipers fitted to the headlamps

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-08-2011 07:58am
Jonathon555

(22-08-2011 07:58am)FullFatTim Wrote:  They are a legal requirement for cars fitted with Bi-Xenon headlights though so you cannot get round that other than speccing halogen headlights....... The best headlight washers are the old Volvo style with mini-wipers fitted to the headlamps

Light washer jets are a legal requirement for bi-xenons unfortunately . I just hope the have increased the washer bottle capacity to cop with winter motorway driving.

Its a pain in the arse to keep refilling the washer fluid if you are doing motorway miles in winter. The salt just cakes up the headlights & the washer jets have no chance of clearing it. The Volvo solution was the best

So if your headlights are on as they normally are in winter , every time you wash your windscreen it washes your lights. So the fluid runs out very fast

In my golf gti I pulled the fuse out to kill the headlight washer, just so I could do more than 200 miles without running out of washer fluid

It would make more sense to heat the washer fluid lines & tank rather than the jets

(This post was last modified: 22-08-2011 08:13am by Jonathon555.)
22-08-2011 08:13am