Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heat Park question
artik

Heat Park question

Good afternoon. New in the RRE world, my new car has just arrived. The previous owner told me that my Evoque is equiped with the Heat Park / pre Heating system. It's a great news for me, i'm always cold. After few tries, I never has heat in the car, only fresh air. I hear from an another source that this system only heat the car from 5°C and less. For me, at 10°C it's already cold outside, and for this reason I'm a bit dissapointed. Can someone confirm me this information ?
20-11-2014 01:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
recordman

RE: Heat Park question

Good afternoon, A warm welcome to the forum (not that will help much!).

I'm not aware that any European specification Evoques are equipped with any pre-heating system. What the vehicle does have though is a PTC (positive temperature co-efficient) heater. This uses the car's electrical system to heat the car's interior, the result of which means that heat is available much more quickly than if it relied on the engine coolant being heated.

In cold weather my car is producing warmth within approx 1Km of starting on a cold day. Hopefully your car is equipped with front seat (and perhaps rear too) heating and if the previous owner had been thoughtful he might have specified the heated steering wheel too, which is a great feature.

Welcome again!

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
20-11-2014 02:12pm
artik

Thank Recordman for your (really) warm welcome Smile Yes the evoque seems to have the PTC, but also the AUX heater (this strange option at 1500€...). I also have a small remote to activate it before entering in my car (and works for 20 minutes). So it's this option i'm talking about (and need to know how it works).

This option in my TOPIX list is called "FUEL FIRED HEATER W/PARK HEAT", but maybe the Spain weather avoid me to se how it works, 5°C is the coldest we have during the year...

Any confirmation would be appreciate.
20-11-2014 02:37pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

This Park Heat option is part of a cold climate pack and isn't available in all markets, usually only those like North America/ Canada or Scandinavia. It seems odd that a car in Southern Europe can even be specced with the Park Heat as it isn't really necessary, with temperatures rarely falling below 5c.

The Evoque's PTC system is just as Recordman says and is pretty good - I also have heated front and rear seats and heated steering wheel and they are even quicker at heating you up than the PTC! I defy anyone to be able to drive any distance with the front seat heaters on the maximum setting, it is very hot!
Where I live we regularly get below 5c at this time of the year and when I had my last Range Rover Voque it had remote park heat and to be honest I was very disappointed with it until the dealer who was looking into why I wasn't geeting hot air from the vents explained that the heater didn't warm the cabin, it warmed the coolant so that the engine warmed up quicker so you got hot air from the engine heat more quickly. The system will also blow cold air into the car in "hot" weather (ie above 5c). The system is set up not to operate above 5c as then you use the PTC heater.
Did the previous owner of your car buy it in Scandinavia or Central Europe where the Cold Climate Pack is available and import it into Spain?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2014 05:20pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-11-2014 05:17pm
artik

Amazing answer Tim. Thanks to both of you. The vehicle was bought in netherland with this option. I went there from Spain to bring it down, in a warmer country Smile I got all my answers now, and happy to hear about the PTC system (I also have the seat / steering wheel heater) that is amazing, for sure. I'm always cold, so I really use them !

This topic bring me a lot if information, once again, thanks. All Evoque are PTC equiped ? In fact I never really use it, and never realised that my car can warm up so quick. i'll give a try tonight: I guess that I have to set the temperature on "HI" to notice it in the best condition ?
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2014 05:49pm by artik.)
20-11-2014 05:48pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

All Evoques have PTC as it is an aid to emissions reduction when starting from cold. No need to turn on Hi as that will also start the front and rear heated screens and wing mirror heaters which all put a huge load on the alternator/ battery management system and somethings may cut out until battery charge is enough to cope with them all. Just set the heater controls at 25, put the seater heater on to no1 setting and switch on the heated steering wheel for 10 minutes and you will be toasty - it's 3c here to night and I've just collected my Dad from hospital and he asked me to turn down the PTC heater which was only on setting 21! What I would suggest is that you set the Climate control to Auto, then set the PTC settings to what you feel warm with and then the car will cycle between heater on/on and air con on/off automatically, but more important;y it will also de-humidify the interior in wet weather.
Which model do you have artik? It's hard to tell from avatar photo whether it's a Pure or a Prestige and it looks like a Coupe

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2014 09:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-11-2014 09:04pm
ChuckieB

Nope. Always a bug bear of mine is the persistent cold pockets of air that are retained in the footwells. Takes a good 5 to 10 minutes to get up to any sort of meaningful temp!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
21-11-2014 12:50am