Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct.
PAT

Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct.

Bit premature I know but noticed that the new series of Fifth Gear begins on Friday 14th at 19:30 on Channel 5 where 'the team take the much talked about RRE for an off-road spin'.

Not sure what their take on it will be but have the TiVo box primed in anticipation Wink

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
06-10-2011 08:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Heads up - Fifth Gear review on 14th Oct.

Where would we be without TiVo? Thanks for the heads-up...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-10-2011 09:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The internet is pretty good and you don't have to remember to set the timer or switch on the recorder. I don't have a TV at all except in the car, I watch all I want to watch on line on the iPlayer or C4OD or STV Player - can even watch some programmes live if I want to

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-10-2011 08:32pm
mywillia

Now that you have a TV in the Car do you need to get a TV Licence?Very Happy

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
09-10-2011 10:30pm
XFullFatTim

Until I had broadband internet I didn't require a TV licence and it was a pain having the BBC come to search my house to check that I didn't have a TV (they just do not believe that some people prefer not to have one). However when BB came along and I found that I could get BBC iPlayer then I had to get a licence to watch the BBC - the iPlayer knows from your IP address where you are watching from and won't let you view if you don't have a licence or are trying to view online from outside the UK without a UK proxy IP address

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 12:24am by XFullFatTim.)
10-10-2011 12:22am
griff

don't forget this folks

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
13-10-2011 10:27am
ami_evo

(10-10-2011 12:22am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Until I had broadband internet I didn't require a TV licence and it was a pain having the BBC come to search my house to check that I didn't have a TV (they just do not believe that some people prefer not to have one).

The BBC searches people's houses for TV licenses? Unbelivable...
13-10-2011 10:36am
Barneyridge

Don't understand, you need a license to watch TV? Our brilliantly intelligent govt just introduced a tax on air we breath out (co2).

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
13-10-2011 01:40pm
GibEvoque

Interestingly we get iPlayer in Gibraltar, and do not have tv licenses, something to do with the MoD i think.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
13-10-2011 01:59pm
XFullFatTim

(13-10-2011 10:36am)ameer Wrote:  The BBC searches people's houses for TV licenses? Unbelivable...

No the BBC searches your house looking for TV sets that you don't have a licence for - and they insist on doing it every 3 months if you don't have a TV! They have no right to entry and they cannot get a warrant to search either. What they do is use bravado/ bluster to scare you into letting them in. I ended up in the situation of a neighbour who is a beat policeman threatening to arrest the inspector for harassment ....................... for pretty obvious reasons they don't like to make an appointment either! The visits stopped when I got a licence but it was very stressful while it was going on.

13-10-2011 05:09pm