Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Headlight Question
Morgs

Headlight Question

I contacted my dealer as when I am stopped and flash the full beam headlights, I can hear a mechanical sounding noise coming from the headlights. My dealer told my wife (after looking at the car) that the manufacturers had fitted bi-xenon headlights by mistake and not to worry as the noise was the mechanical movement of the flap.

Firstly, I can normally smell bull**** a mile off and this smells like it to me.

Secondly, I am never ever lucky enough to have something for free.

How do I check what he said is correct and that i'm not being fobbed off.
15-06-2012 05:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Headlight Question

What model do you have?
Do you headlights have the signature led's ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
15-06-2012 05:21pm
Morgs

Its a Pure and no I dont have the LEDs.

As i suspected someone is not telling me the truth.
15-06-2012 05:33pm
Westy

I have a pure and what land rover has done is use one bulb for dip and main beam, the noise you hear is the beam pattern changing, this is operating by an electric flap on a lever, that is what you can hear, no fault just the mechanism.

I also understand that the cars equipped with xenons are the same, that is why the pure with no xenons only list 2 headlight bulbs and not 4 and the xenons only has 2 too.

Hope this helps

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
15-06-2012 06:12pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(15-06-2012 06:12pm)Westy Wrote:  I have a pure and what land rover has done is use one bulb for dip and main beam, the noise you hear is the beam pattern changing, this is operating by an electric flap on a lever, that is what you can hear, no fault just the mechanism.

I also understand that the cars equipped with xenons are the same, that is why the pure with no xenons only list 2 headlight bulbs and not 4 and the xenons only has 2 too.

Hope this helps
+1

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
15-06-2012 06:36pm
slee18

to add to westy you have to have the projector beams do that even if you dont have xenons or the LEDs.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
15-06-2012 06:48pm