Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Head lamp issues
Dwp

Head lamp issues

Hi all, any help/advice on the following would be much appreciated.

I changed the standard bulbs on my Pure to Xenon max's a while ago, noticed today that the passenger side had failed, decided to put the originals back in until I got a replacement, when removing the Xenon it had disintegrated leaving a broken glass in the bottom of the headlamp unit. I managed to hoover most of it out even though its a bit tight for space. Problem is though the main beam does not work, dipped beam is ok. Drivers side is fine, any ideas??

TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Santorini, Black Leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Privacy.
18-12-2012 08:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

RE: Head lamp issues

If the bulb has 'blown up', it may have caused the fuse to blow. Probably worth checking first.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
18-12-2012 09:58pm
Dwp

Yeah, checked fuses, all seem in order. Doesn't seem to be a separate one for main beam.

18-12-2012 10:16pm
PhilSkill

You need the wiring diagram really, could have damaged a relay, or an output stage in the ECU, depends how the switching is done these days. Was the main beam still working with the blown headlamp unit?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-12-2012 11:20pm
paisan

Very interesting. I changed the bulbs on my TD4 - to Osram Nightbreaker Plus - and ( also ) on the passenger side the bulb "exploded" , approx 1 month after fitting. Have replaced both bulbs, again , from a new pack and returned to manufacturer the faulty one and its mate.
19-12-2012 02:35pm
Dwp

All has worked fine for 3-4 month, thought about damage to a relay, don't like the sound of ECU problems! Looks like it may be a trip to the dealers, wonder if there will be warranty issues.

Interesting to hear another replacement bulb has "exploded", never heard of it happening before.

19-12-2012 06:28pm
Cvrra

I have had bulbs burst in both the driver and passenger side headlamps, now I have the passenger side bulb stuck on full beam permanently!

Did anyone end up going back to the dealer? I have had land rover assist out and they couldn't do anything to help after an hour or messing around with fuses, resetting the car by disengaging the battery, re-installing the factory supplied bulbs. My dealer has said they can't fit me into the service centre until 1st March!
11-02-2013 09:30pm
Dwp

Dealer replaced both light units under warranty, they had the car for a week as they said they had a problem getting the parts, told me they ended up getting them off the production line!

Think I'll be sticking to the original bulbs, even though they are slightly yellow when compared to the side lights.

18-02-2013 04:36pm
Wife's car

DWP I hope they have not taken them from my Evoque lol
18-02-2013 05:04pm
MarkLondon

(18-02-2013 04:36pm)Dwp Wrote:  Dealer replaced both light units under warranty, they had the car for a week as they said they had a problem getting the parts, told me they ended up getting them off the production line!

Think I'll be sticking to the original bulbs, even though they are slightly yellow when compared to the side lights.

That's quite a good result, thumbs up to your service team Smile

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
18-02-2013 08:25pm