Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
tyke2

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

' Wrote:No way would I forgo the pano roof. Im sure you'd regret it afterwards
There are stock cars avAilBle if you can't wait as posted widely, you could see if there is one in your spec with pano roof, you never know.

Well I spoke to the dealer and told them its their problem to provide me with either a loan car or recompense for a hire car for the period from my projected build date until when delayed car turns up.
And guess what??
Apparently I misunderstood and my car is still due in December with a panoramic roof. However if I want the same car without the panoramic roof then they have a spare showroom car being delivered next week that I can have.
I dont believe a single word!!
So at present Im still awaiting my car in December with panoramic roof. When it doesnt turn up because my dealer is being economical with the truth, I will demand a courtesy car or cancel.
To be honest my 15 year old Rav4 is suiting me fine and at a poxy £1500 its putting a whopping £34000 in my bank account which I may decide to spend on other things than cars!

Tyke

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
26-10-2011 01:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

Just back from holiday and had the dreaded call from my dealer:

Told that my car will be delayed by around 2 months! Very unhappy as I only found this out 2 days before the car was due to be in build. On top of that, I have already sold my car ready for delivery of the Evoque next week! Mad

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
27-10-2011 10:06am
Urban Splash

Paulus, thats incredibly frustrating....

If yours has been delayed by 2 months and was due to go into build now, I have no chance in getting mine in January, with build originally scheduled for December!

This is a pretty rediculous situation LR are in. They need to start communicating with the people that have put down a deposit. After all, they are making interest on our £1000's......

LR need to be realistic and manage expectations. Quite frankly, offering £150 as a good will gesture is actually quite the opposite and is insulting.

If mine does eventually turn up in say February, I'm going to hold off for new reg plate. They won't like it!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
27-10-2011 10:24am
Spiderman

As I have previously written, there are Evoques sitting at Dealers awaiting new customers, 3 of my friends are now in Evoques they saw at various UK Dealerships less than 2 weeks ago so they are freely available if you take the effort to call round!

I have also advised on 3 Evoques which are available in the sales and wanted section, albeit I believe 2 have since been sold to forum users who contacted me for Dealership contact details!

So if your order is going nowhere and you are concerned that yours is MIA phone round as you may find that yours is sitting there in a Dealership awaiting your call!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 10:41am by Spiderman.)
27-10-2011 10:40am
Urban Splash

Fair comment. But at over £40k, I would like the spec to be spot on......

Not seen any in the spec I'm going for, and don't like the dynamic interiors.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
27-10-2011 11:18am
bluebear

(27-10-2011 10:40am)Spiderman Wrote:  As I have previously written, there are Evoques sitting at Dealers awaiting new customers, 3 of my friends are now in Evoques they saw at various UK Dealerships less than 2 weeks ago so they are freely available if you take the effort to call round!

I have also advised on 3 Evoques which are available in the sales and wanted section, albeit I believe 2 have since been sold to forum users who contacted me for Dealership contact details!

So if your order is going nowhere and you are concerned that yours is MIA phone round as you may find that yours is sitting there in a Dealership awaiting your call!

I have considered this and watch the various places these are available. There are two issues from my point of view
1. My car was due tomorrow and I was told it was delayed until 15th November. It is just not long enough a delay to say 'sod it' which brings me onto my second point
2. The car I've ordered is my choice of model, spec and colour and it is very unlikely that I will be able to replicate it elsewhere

Having said all of that, if the call comes and there is another 2 month delay, then it will be sod it and I will compromise on spec/price and model!

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 12:41pm by bluebear.)
27-10-2011 12:40pm
Wicksy

(27-10-2011 10:06am)paulus599 Wrote:  Just back from holiday and had the dreaded call from my dealer:

Told that my car will be delayed by around 2 months! Very unhappy as I only found this out 2 days before the car was due to be in build. On top of that, I have already sold my car ready for delivery of the Evoque next week! Mad
Hi Paulus

I'm in much the same boat, sold my car expecting a mid November delivery but told a month back that it will now be mid December. I am contacting the dealer next Tuesday to get the latest date which will no doubt be much the same as yours.

I've got a hire car for the moment but will be asking Newcastle about a courtesy car soon - have you asked the same question yetConfused:
27-10-2011 01:01pm
paulus599

(27-10-2011 10:40am)Spiderman Wrote:  As I have previously written, there are Evoques sitting at Dealers awaiting new customers, 3 of my friends are now in Evoques they saw at various UK Dealerships less than 2 weeks ago so they are freely available if you take the effort to call round!

With respect Spiderman, I find that quite insulting. This has nothing to do with making the effort to call around dealerships looking for available cars. I'm sure all of us have spent many hours agonising over the spec's for our cars, should we now just accept second best and buy something that is not to our personal taste simply because it happens to be available? I for one will certainly not be doing that!

(27-10-2011 10:24am)Urban Splash Wrote:  Paulus, thats incredibly frustrating....

If yours has been delayed by 2 months and was due to go into build now, I have no chance in getting mine in January, with build originally scheduled for December!

It is, very Mad The delay I could accept (up to a point) but what I find totally unacceptable is only being told about it 2 days before the build date, even then it was myself who asked the question, this information wasn't volunteered by the dealership.

As for your build, you could still be OK as there doesn't seem to be any logic as to what is built when.

(27-10-2011 01:01pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Hi Paulus

I'm in much the same boat, sold my car expecting a mid November delivery but told a month back that it will now be mid December. I am contacting the dealer next Tuesday to get the latest date which will no doubt be much the same as yours.

I've got a hire car for the moment but will be asking Newcastle about a courtesy car soon - have you asked the same question yetConfused:

Hi Wicksy, I have asked about a courtesy car in an email I sent the dealer while I was away. I haven't had any reply though, so plan a visit over the weekend. Checked on prices to hire something for a couple of months and the cost is around the £950 mark for something very basic. I suppose the £150 helps though - not!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 02:27pm by paulus599.)
27-10-2011 02:12pm
Urban Splash

I asked the question re loaner from Newcastle.

Answer......... No

Paulus, that's just simply not on. Very poor communication from the dealer. I know a customer car was delivered recently, and the customer had not picked it up yet! Seems some people are more laid back than us! Typical they got an early build....

27-10-2011 02:28pm
paulus599

(27-10-2011 02:28pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I asked the question re loaner from Newcastle.

Answer......... No

Paulus, that's just simply not on. Very poor communication from the dealer. I know a customer car was delivered recently, and the customer had not picked it up yet! Seems some people are more laid back than us! Typical they got an early build....

Hmm, no is just not an option as far as I'm concerned.

27-10-2011 02:44pm