Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
MAC

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

(18-10-2011 05:15pm)mark_n Wrote:  I wish we knew what the Xenon issue really is. At one level, of course, there's no headlight to hand to install in the car when it's made. But why not?

Is it simply a production scheduling problem at the manufacturer - are they too busy producing Xenons for, let's say, Hyundais to bother with this piffling top-up order from "Land Loaver"? Is there a shortage of parts making up the headlight because they're made in Fukushima and have gone radioactive? Are they in transit from China to the UK aboard some container ship which is taking forever to get here because noone had the foresight to send them by air?

Who knows? I assume LR do and they are not saying because of the amount of egg which would then be visible on their faces.
(18-10-2011 05:09pm)MAC Wrote:  My car was originally due for delivery on 30th October. Then two weeks ago it slipped a day to 31st, just had call from dealer to say car is built and should be with them in next couple of days!! A glimmer of hope for all of you still waiting, it MAY be earlier than you've been told. Hoping to collect at weekend. Can't wait!

Yes, good news for you. Does it have Xenons?

Yes, 5 door Dynamic in Firenze Red.
18-10-2011 07:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
moonigan

Got an e-mail from my dealer this morning to say my car has been called over and should be with them tomorrow/Sat with a view for delivery on Monday. Very HappyVery Happy
20-10-2011 10:38am
cjfp

Just been told that my Oct delivery, delayed to Nov is now Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-10-2011 05:21pm
cutter7

(20-10-2011 05:21pm)cjfp Wrote:  Just been told that my Oct delivery, delayed to Nov is now Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My original delivery date was 21/10, changed 5 times since then, and heard this morning it's gone back further to Jan 12th...

However, i explained that i have just received a deposit on my car that has been for sale, and will be looking at hire charges etc, and the dealership have offered a courtesy vehicle from December until i am able to collect my car in the New Year sometime.: Very Happy

(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 06:16pm by cutter7.)
20-10-2011 05:40pm
simonc

Major pain to have the build date pushed back so much - have they told you what the courtesy car is likely to be?

I've not been given a build date yet (though they reckoned "around March/April" when I put my build slot deposit down), but I was told they would probably know towards the end of the month when the order gets put through - not sure I want to bother chasing them on it though only to be disappointed later!

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 06:08pm by simonc.)
20-10-2011 06:06pm
Urban Splash

Interesting

The internal memo that was posted and subsequently removed stated that 'we must adopt a common approach'. Well some people getting loaner cars and others not is not a very common approach.

So, some dealers choose not to implement the measures. Why does head office bother?

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
20-10-2011 09:41pm
mark_n

It's possible that some dealers are rebelling against having this "common approach" imposed on them by LR. Problems which are down to LR's manufacturing are being passed on to the dealers to deal with.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
20-10-2011 10:20pm
x5pea

(20-10-2011 10:20pm)mark_n Wrote:  It's possible that some dealers are rebelling against having this "common approach" imposed on them by LR. Problems which are down to LR's manufacturing are being passed on to the dealers to deal with.

all dealers operate as independent businesses as with most issues of this ilk i expect they will be recompensed for costs associated with appeasing customers.
20-10-2011 10:26pm
Spiderman

It is usual in such cases for the Manufacturer to communicate with their Dealer Channel an offering to appease the clients if required, the Dealer then offers said client and then has to fight like heck with the Manufacturer, i.e. LR in this case to try and be recompensed....hardly an ideal situation for any Dealer to find themselves in given this is a self imposed problem of LRs inability to properly forecast and order spares etc from their supply chain for the Evoques!

Harsh but true!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
21-10-2011 01:15am
mark_n

The memo I posted clearly said the dealers should build up their courtesy stock to help the situation and gave a list of incentives to do so. A big additional expense though and one not all dealers will be willing to carry. I can imagine the dealers are cursing LR for messing up the manufacturing.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-10-2011 04:08am