Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Track Day
Blackseries

Track Day

Light at the end of the tunnel....... saw my beautiful new car come off the production line today.
It looks great!

I had an excellent tour of the factory. A lot of cars are being built.

The US seems to be getting an awful lot of cars .... they leave for the docks 200 cars at a time! ..... the “ready for delivery” pool for UK customers had only about 30 cars in it. I was told that’s because as soon as they are built they are put on transporters & despatched to the dealers.

Mine should be through QC tomorrow so maybe it will at the dealer Monday or Tuesday.

I cannot wait.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
09-11-2011 08:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Track Day

Good you were able to time your visit to see your actual car come off the line. Did you have to pull some strings to make it happen?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-11-2011 08:55pm
fam1x

Yes how do you know for sure that car is yours coming off then production line? As I would love to go to the factory and see mine do tell us your secret please ?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011 10:13pm by fam1x.)
09-11-2011 10:13pm
Blackseries

(09-11-2011 10:13pm)fam1x Wrote:  Yes how do you know for sure that car is yours coming off then production line?

I didn't really...... I just applied a bit of educated guess work and got lucky. I had a start build date of the 7th, I got confirmation that had happened and thought OK 2 days for welding & paint then maybe day 3 on the track. The person that took me round did say I was very lucky .......he said it didn't happen that often.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
10-11-2011 12:03am