Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halogen Lights!!
SINGHY

RE: Halogen Lights!!

Adhamija,

I agree with you, LR have misrepresented their product and mislead you so should be held to account. I can't believe the number of clowns on this forum that make excuses for LR whether it's about delays, sneaky price increases, dealer incompetence or in this case misrepresentation verging on deception. If you're spending top dollar then you deserve top product, if it goes wrong then LR should go out of thier way to put it right. At the end of the day they're not giving any discount whatsover on this vehicle so in return the customer shouldn't be expected to accept any compromises.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
05-02-2012 07:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

For all the clowns -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clown-Red-Spon...431wt_1210

Joking aside, I do agree that any pics etc on the LR website should be a fair representation and not something completely different.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 08:01pm by cjfp.)
05-02-2012 07:59pm
vinny

When I was speccing mine I thoroughly researched the options etc as cars shown in brochures/websites etc are only a rough representation of what you get.
Almost every pic of the pure's showed panoramic roof,privacy glass,fog lights,xenons and 20 inch alloys but I wasn't nieve enough to think mine would all come with them fitted as standard.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
05-02-2012 08:49pm
LDT

Singhy

There is a definite legal difference between misleading and mis-selling which I will not go into here. IMHO JLR have not gone out to deliberately deceive potential buyers (mis-sell), they have made a mistake, which, by providing a goodwill gesture to Adhamija, they have accepted.

I think we all hope that the situation will be resolved quickly for Adhamija and others in the same position.

I'm going to take my red nose off now as I'm finding it quite uncomfortable. LaughingLaughingLaughing

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
05-02-2012 08:54pm
SINGHY

(05-02-2012 08:54pm)LDT Wrote:  Singhy

There is a definite legal difference between misleading and mis-selling which I will not go into here. IMHO JLR have not gone out to deliberately deceive potential buyers (mis-sell), they have made a mistake, which, by providing a goodwill gesture to Adhamija, they have accepted.

I think we all hope that the situation will be resolved quickly for Adhamija and others in the same position.

I'm going to take my red nose off now as I'm finding it quite uncomfortable. LaughingLaughingLaughing

OK point taken and I'll get off the soap box now.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
05-02-2012 09:00pm
pureevoque

Clowns ?

Confused

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
05-02-2012 09:24pm
Evo-king

I've learnt more on this forum about the Evoque, than I could ever have done visiting the dealer.

Although some info which comes from a vague source, most is really accurate and forum members have often gone to their dealers better informed than their salesman is.

The lack of Xenons issue came up on here first, with a lot of debate and photographic evidence, unfortunately, not everyone who goes into a dealership has been on here first.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-02-2012 10:28pm
J77

Laughing Am I the only one who bought a pure and didn't expect it to come with xenons. Land rover and all other car manufacturers always load their base models up with kit and rightly or wrongly expect the buyer to read the part that says " IMPORTANT NOTICE..................... Some vehicles are shown with accessories or optional equipment fitted" and also in the brochure where it talks about xenon lights it states "These optional lights". So I think land rover have covered themselves IMO.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
05-02-2012 10:33pm
Evo-king

To be honest any car c£30k and above should have them and after all it is a Range Rover, but it doesn't, hmm.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-02-2012 10:36pm
cjfp

@j77 - I think the point is that the LR website has the label as 'halogen lights' but shows a pic of the xenons, so peeps have not ordered xenons as the halogens, going by the pic, look sufficiently like the xenons not to be bothered, only to then get halogens and find they look nothing like the pic or the xenons.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
05-02-2012 10:39pm