Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halogen Lights!!
ED209

RE: Halogen Lights!!

(20-01-2012 12:45pm)WB Wrote:  I have a Pure with halogens delivered November last year. The halogens do not look like that.

This is what the Pure DRLs look like. They are LED by the way and they dim when the indicators are on.

So basically the pure shown on the configurator actually looked nothing like a pure from either front or rear when i ordered my car (wrong lights, 2 exhausts)
20-01-2012 12:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(20-01-2012 12:52pm)ED209 Wrote:  So basically the pure shown on the configurator actually looked nothing like a pure from either front or rear when i ordered my car (wrong lights, 2 exhausts)

I really wouldn't take the configurator as gospel - most of the colours are poor representations too. There are photos around of almost every spec and option now.
20-01-2012 01:04pm
ED209

(20-01-2012 01:04pm)WB Wrote:  I really wouldn't take the configurator as gospel - most of the colours are poor representations too. There are photos around of almost every spec and option now.

I didnt take it as gospel, I was aware it was wrong from the start It is however poor form on behalf of lr to put the wrong info on their site, it could mislead people
20-01-2012 01:08pm
WB
WB

I understand. For months I tried and was unable to get photos of the halogens before i locked down my order and even though I had a senior contact at LR, Nick from LR CS on here and my dealer trying to get one I couldn't get a photo.

What I'm trying to say is that fortunately and thanks to the members on this forum we have access to photos of almost every variation despite LR's deficiencies.
20-01-2012 01:26pm
Dave_T

I'd agree wholeheartedly. That picture on the website is grossly misleading. It's in the 'Pure' section, under a clicky called Halogen headlights, and comes up with a description that fits the photo, strongly implying that the 'signature' light design will be present on halogen equipped Pure's.

LR Wrote:
Halogen Headlamps

The Halogen front lighting of Range Rover Evoque is one of its signature design elements, creating a sleek, blade-like presence.

But they ain't gonna look like that Evil
20-01-2012 09:32pm
adhamija

Am not sure about general mood here on halogen lights, i got mine delived iwth halogen lamps which decieved me as the picture on website and description was totally misleading. I WAS VERY DISSAPPOINTED!
I complained to Land rover and got an email back saying terms and condition on the website saying LR has the right to websites and pics on website should not be considered as real. I was offered free first service as gesture of goodwill!!
I declined the offer and have complained further on this fraudalent misselling and am complelled to take it to OFT and Trading standards office.
I believe no company has the right to show something and sell/deliver something else. I always wanted xenons but LR withdrew it from ordering when i ordered and landed me in this chicken cheat!
If anyone agrees with me, please do post your comments and views. Also in the reply fro LR, LR has agreed that pictures is wrong on the website and is of xenons and not as labelled and is now being removed on my complaint.

Please join me on this if you feel dissappointed as me, LR should correct their mistake and customers should fight to make them accept and correct this error.
05-02-2012 04:31pm
fam1x

Surely when you went to collect the car you would have checked the lights and then refuse the car. Feel sorry for you I had a similar experience, but thanks to this site was able to change my order. Still had to fight with the dealer to get them changed as LR took xenons off pure when I spoke to them.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 04:40pm by fam1x.)
05-02-2012 04:39pm
LDT

@adhamija

It would be fair to say that the majority of buyers would be influenced by the picture shown and naturally assume that would be accurate. JLR have admitted that the website were inaccurate, going as far as to provide a goodwill gesture, and it is therefore to be argued that they were misleading. I would not have thought that the mis-selling viewpoint would hold up personally.

From what I have read on this forum, it would not be possible or would be impractical to replace for Xenons, so I would be interested to learn what final outcome you hope to achieve (assuming they cannot be replaced).

I can understand how unhappy and let down you must have felt when you realised that the lights were below your expectations.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
05-02-2012 05:39pm
adhamija

@LDT

Thanks for your comments. Well, when you spent upward £40k on a car of your choice and have something on it which isnt something you asked for, dont know about others but I am pretty upset. I dont want LR to give me any gestures, all i want is replacement for which am ready to pay else take the car back and simply refund. I am not a techno expert and I can only assume things as i see it. i fam shown wrong, how am I at fault to expect it to be same as shown. The car has a Range Rover batch,, I dont expect anything less than 5* from the company and if they cant deliver - well the barnd isnt worth it then I guess.

We spend to cherish and not to get upset! No ill motives here against LR but it isnt my fault to believe in something shown to me. If i spelled it wrong by calling it Misselling, would you call it an error of judgement by engineers for which I have to pay!

I appreciate your comments , my apologies if this comes as rude to you.
Cheers
05-02-2012 06:50pm
LDT

I understand where you are coming from, I would be as upset if on delivery the car was not as expected.

I hope that JLR agree to exchange the car for you. Smile

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
05-02-2012 07:11pm