Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway—With Me in It"
RSK

"Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway—With Me in It"

tl;dr: Watch the video. This is really scary. Really. Remotely hack a car and send commands to the CAN bus.

And just because it's Jeep doesn't mean I'm feeling too hot about JLR's electronic gadgets. Quite the contrary. To quote an acquaintance of mine:

Quote:Unbelievable. #infosec folks have been warning against this for YEARS. They said: separate infotainment from steering/breaks etc. Do not implement wireless control over this. Have good security measures. This can kill people. It can turn cars into weapons.

And here is a car you can control over the internet - COMPLETELY. From CD player to brakes - thousands of Jeeps can be turned into remote murder weapons, for both the people in them and those around them.

EVERY Jeep Cherokee should be immediately grounded. And let them pay a 500 million fine - just to ensure no car maker tries to save 5 bucks on a 50K car by not separating driving from the fscking entertainment system!!!

Or are we going to wait until a few people are killed? Or for a cyber war where cars are used to take down bridges by driving into them?

Read the original article over at wired.com.
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2015 02:43pm by RSK.)
21-07-2015 02:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply