Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maybe I'm missing something.
Evo-king

Maybe I'm missing something.

I've read with interest on here prior to collecting the car the comments regarding, rear camera, slow touch screen, quirky nav, etc.

Well the rear camera seems to come on immediately, I've played around with radio, DAB, ipod and all work as I would expect, and finally I've just put in the address of the Detailer for tomorrow and it all operated fine, now unless I'm missing something this system is AOK.

Or perhaps LR have updated the software/electronic etc.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-05-2012 08:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

RE: Maybe I'm missing something.

I agree Andrew, all seems to be fine with mine. My only issue is with copying CD's - the function will not work (although it did previously). I need to take it to the dealership but for such a minor hiccup it is not a priority and all being well I will probably wait until the first service.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
01-05-2012 08:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evo, it seems that recently built Evoques have a much faster operation of the reversing cam, regarding the satnav I've had no problems with it in mine, some seem to think it is dim witted, but it is no worse/ better than the systems I've had in my other Land Rover cars

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 09:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-05-2012 09:35pm
PhilSkill

Interestingly (maybe) in trying to be really quick to unlock/switch on/start and select reverse to time the speed it comes on, I've found if I can select reverse and move before the screen has completed loading, finding audio/phone etc, it will never put the reverse camera up until I move forward and then re-select reverse! weird...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-05-2012 10:08pm
SiT

If its any interest mine is around 27th Feb 2012 build and its quite responsive in switching to reverse and showing the camera. Agree regarding CD upload, that is frankly tosh. Apart from the initial screen press/response from first startup its pretty good.
01-05-2012 10:26pm
cjfp

(01-05-2012 08:42pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I've read with interest on here prior to collecting the car the comments regarding, rear camera, slow touch screen, quirky nav, etc.

Well the rear camera seems to come on immediately, I've played around with radio, DAB, ipod and all work as I would expect, and finally I've just put in the address of the Detailer for tomorrow and it all operated fine, now unless I'm missing something this system is AOK.

Or perhaps LR have updated the software/electronic etc.

All great, but have you noticed your mpg! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-05-2012 10:57pm
arrivalanche

I got mine in november and its really slow to switch over. If i do it quick, sometimes it never turns on at all.
02-05-2012 06:18am
Evo-king

(01-05-2012 10:57pm)cjfp Wrote:  All great, but have you noticed your mpg! Laughing

That's because this numpty didn't understand the question re filling up.

The car had 50 miles on the clock when I filled it up on sunday £40 some 5+ gallons.

Then I entered 50 miles plus the gallons added, hence the stupid figure and now I can't edit it, any ideas.

I presume in future I will enter miles completed and then fuel added with should give a true reading I hope.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-05-2012 12:43pm
PhilSkill

(02-05-2012 12:43pm)Evo-king Wrote:  That's because this numpty didn't understand the question re filling up.

The car had 50 miles on the clock when I filled it up on sunday £40 some 5+ gallons.

Then I entered 50 miles plus the gallons added, hence the stupid figure and now I can't edit it, any ideas.

I presume in future I will enter miles completed and then fuel added with should give a true reading I hope.

You can choose between odometer or trip entry, either you enter your total mileage in odometer (easiest) or you enter the trip mileage, you should also always fill up each time.

I thought you could edit individual entries although I haven't needed to Ner Ner Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-05-2012 02:01pm
Evo-king

Phil.

Sorted, thanks to Captain Tim.

02-05-2012 02:38pm