Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Groaning front suspension
BFGEvoqueMan

Groaning front suspension

I think some other users have had this and wondered what (if any) the TSB for this problem is.

I have previously reported a bit of a feint creaking when turning the wheel (which I hoped was say some rubbing of parts around the steering shaft in the dashboard), however, I went over a couple of speed bumps this week and the whole front end just groan and creaked really loudly (like a knackered mini cab with worn out suspension). The handling of the car does not feel as though it has changed at all, and it certainly hasn't been driven hard or otherwise against a kerb etc.

The car is going to the stealers on Weds to have a new rear light cluster as the current one is really badly misted up, and I would like to tell him about this new issue and as ever would like to be armed with some facts first - thanks QuestionQuestionQuestion

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
17-11-2013 11:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Groaning front suspension

Mine has creaked & squeaked etc when turning & speed humps. Was done recently I think either lower ball joints or track control arm bushes.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-11-2013 01:33pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crabacle

I get that over speed bumps. Should I be concerned?
17-11-2013 03:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Suspension-creak

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-11-2013 03:43pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(17-11-2013 03:43pm)cjfp Wrote:  http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Suspension-creak

Thanks; I'll update you as this goes on. Seems all cars so far affected are MY12, so mine being a mid MY13 (and I know built to order at end of Jan 13) this should have been sorted on the production line.

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
17-11-2013 05:35pm
ChuckieB

Now that Winter's coming and the temperature's dropping I suspect my squeaking suspension will return!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
18-11-2013 12:44am
Stevemac1

I've got this one aswell... Feb 2013 build.
Had it into the workshop a couple of times now for test drives (one including a bod up from LR to hear it). Seems the answer is going to be a new front (modified) strut. They want to get a sound bite to send out in a technical bulletin, but of course when I took the car in to get mic'd up the creak vanished...
..and yes it came back with a vengence next time I was in the car.... Laughing

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
22-11-2013 05:57am
BFGEvoqueMan

(22-11-2013 05:57am)Stevemac1 Wrote:  I've got this one aswell... Feb 2013 build.
Had it into the workshop a couple of times now for test drives (one including a bod up from LR to hear it). Seems the answer is going to be a new front (modified) strut. They want to get a sound bite to send out in a technical bulletin, but of course when I took the car in to get mic'd up the creak vanished...
..and yes it came back with a vengence next time I was in the car.... Laughing

If you open the bonnet and push down on the slam panel you will clearly hear the squeak after about 4 or 5 reps!

24-11-2013 03:40pm
m_101

I've just started noticing a similar noise coming from mine when going over some speed bumps. I'll try the push down thing later but hadn't noticed it before the last week or so. Stevemac which dealers do you use please? I'm wondering if it's become more of a problem now that the weather is colder?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
24-11-2013 04:57pm
BFGEvoqueMan

Mine just started of with a bit of a creak when turning the wheel (moving). Not many speed humps in Germany so really stands out when you go over one. Just been to Holland for the w/e and they have lots of speed humps - lots of creaks......

(24-11-2013 04:57pm)m_101 Wrote:  I've just started noticing a similar noise coming from mine when going over some speed bumps. I'll try the push down thing later but hadn't noticed it before the last week or so. Stevemac which dealers do you use please? I'm wondering if it's become more of a problem now that the weather is colder?

You will need to give it a good shove...neighbours will think you've gone mad!

(This post was last modified: 24-11-2013 08:04pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
24-11-2013 08:03pm