Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grand Evoque
Craig_d1

Grand Evoque

Just read in autocar that Land Rover are thinking about brining out a 'grand ' Evoque, which will be 300mm longer, half of which will be in the rear legroom area, the balance in the boot.
Was just curious too see what people thought about it. Good idea or not?
Personally, I quite like the idea. If they can keep the emissions down and provide good fuel economy, might consider it as the family wagon when we decide to part with the D4. We wont need so much room for prams etc(as hopefully will be finished with those by then) but the extra boot space would still come in handy for family holidays.
My autocar edition is a digital edition and I have no idea how to paste the article am afraid.
01-12-2011 02:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Grand Evoque

I'm afraid the overall style won't benefit from 30 cm. extra. One of the Evoque's visual strengths is the compactness.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
01-12-2011 02:48pm
oop north

I'd have to see how it looked - but given the care taken over the differences between the coupe/5 door, I would expect LR to avoid simply shoving an extra foot in and ruining the looks.

I had my first sit in an Evoque last week (set the driver seat OK for me and then sat in back seat), and the only thing I wasn't keen on was the way I had to twist my foot when getting out of the back - a little awkward, and something that would be fixed with a larger rear door
01-12-2011 03:00pm
Token

I don't really like it...the idea is that it will sit between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport...personally not keen on the idea of Range Rover increasing the size of their range and Range Rovers becoming more common. People can accuse me of being a snob if they want, but the number of Mercs and BMW's on the road has removed the 'special' feel of owning one...my fear is that this is going to happen to Range Rover as well.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
01-12-2011 03:20pm
Daigriff

Hmm, would have to see it first.

I would have liked a bit more boot space, however wouldnt want it to be at the expense of the Evoques styling.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
01-12-2011 05:34pm
Ezandania

(01-12-2011 03:20pm)Token Wrote:  I don't really like it...the idea is that it will sit between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport...personally not keen on the idea of Range Rover increasing the size of their range and Range Rovers becoming more common. People can accuse me of being a snob if they want, but the number of Mercs and BMW's on the road has removed the 'special' feel of owning one...my fear is that this is going to happen to Range Rover as well.

+1 Very Happy

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
01-12-2011 06:47pm
vcruiser

Skip that idea, and bring out the new range rover sport with range rover evoque styling cues!

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
01-12-2011 07:16pm
LDT

(01-12-2011 03:20pm)Token Wrote:  I don't really like it...the idea is that it will sit between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport...personally not keen on the idea of Range Rover increasing the size of their range and Range Rovers becoming more common. People can accuse me of being a snob if they want, but the number of Mercs and BMW's on the road has removed the 'special' feel of owning one...my fear is that this is going to happen to Range Rover as well.

+1. I definitely agree.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
01-12-2011 07:24pm
Dave_T

I've got a great idea ... they could call it a Freelander!
01-12-2011 09:58pm
defender_uk

(01-12-2011 07:24pm)LDT Wrote:  +1. I definitely agree.

+2
wouldn't mind a bigger boot though....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
01-12-2011 10:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply