Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good trade in deals?
Mag1c_dragon

RE: Good trade in deals?

They refused to even consider my SLK!

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
27-01-2012 10:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

The trade was so low there was no point. Sold the Subaru Forester privately and got $5,000 Aud more than they offered. The guy gave me the cheque yesterday so now car less till Monday

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
27-01-2012 10:20pm
DefLeppard

(27-01-2012 10:20pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  The trade was so low there was no point. Sold the Subaru Forester privately and got $5,000 Aud more than they offered. The guy gave me the cheque yesterday so now car less till Monday

Thats pretty good timing Barney.

Im in that dilemma of how early do I put my own car up on carsales.com.au.
If I'm without for a few weeks, I can rent or borrow, but more than that and I'm in trouble.
Or worse still, I haven't sold it by the time the new one turns up.

My dealer has offered me about $10,000k (33%) less than the cheapest example of my car on carsales. (And about $5k less than what I need.)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
27-01-2012 10:34pm
Aussievoque

(27-01-2012 10:20pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  The trade was so low there was no point. Sold the Subaru Forester privately and got $5,000 Aud more than they offered. The guy gave me the cheque yesterday so now car less till Monday

Similar with mine, sold my X5 privately for $8k more than trade offer. Sold X5 on Monday, without car for Tuesday, picked up Evoque on the Wednesday. Timing worked out perfectly (almost) and more $$$$ in my pocket Very Happy

Good luck for Monday Wink Let us know what you think of the TD4, would especially like to hear if you notice any lag or flat spot down low.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2012 12:56am by Aussievoque.)
28-01-2012 12:54am
Barneyridge

Yep the timing worked out well. The poor guy that bought the car called me yesterday afternoon after picking up the car at lunch time. He drove it back to the northern beaches and went to the shops. Came back to start the car and nothing! Needed a new battery. The car had not given me any indication the battery was suspect at all. I felt so bad I offered to give him the money for battery. But how was that for timing!

Aussievoque, I will be keeping an eye out for the flat spot/lag. I have been watching the thread.

(This post was last modified: 28-01-2012 03:20am by Barneyridge.)
28-01-2012 03:18am
DefLeppard

(28-01-2012 03:18am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Yep the timing worked out well. The poor guy that bought the car called me yesterday afternoon after picking up the car at lunch time. He drove it back to the northern beaches and went to the shops. Came back to start the car and nothing! Needed a new battery. The car had not given me any indication the battery was suspect at all. I felt so bad I offered to give him the money for battery. But how was that for timing!

I assume NSW has a similar system to VIC where the car has to be sold with a RWC? I always just assumed the roadworthy check would pick up if the battery was getting on a bit?
Or is the NSW system different?

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
28-01-2012 03:52am
Barneyridge

Don't think NSW need RWC, well I did not have one done.

28-01-2012 07:06am
spif888

I moved from NSW up to the sunshine state and can confirm QLD like Victoria need to have a roadworthy certificate issued before a used car can be sold. From what I have gathered NSW does not have the same requirement.

In QLD, the RWC is only valid for a specific period, so if it expires before selling the vehicle you have to pay again for a new RWC to be issued.

I know because it took me 3 months to sell my Freelander 2!

3 days until delivery - getting just a little excited.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
28-01-2012 07:19am
mark_n

The trade in offer for my Impreza WRX was so low that I decided to keep it for stuff like the supermarket run (where it duly picked up a dent), parking at Gatwick and trips to the dump. Don't really want to fill up my Evoque with recycling. Not everyone can do that of course, you need the space to keep it and the only thing to offset the costs of running it are any reduced running costs of the Evoque or other cars for which it stands in.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
28-01-2012 09:02am
Mr P

From my experience it doesn't cost anything to ask. I got 3.5K more from my dealer for my freelander against the Evoque than Porsche offered against a Boxster.

Prestige SD4 Auto, 5 Door, Firenze, Dark Cherry/Ivory, Contrast Panoramic Roof, 20" Wheels, Auto Tailgate.
(The options i regret not having :- Auto Dimming Mirror, Blind Spot Monitoring)
28-01-2012 09:09am