Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good and Bad
smayo

Good and Bad

Got the call today that as the dealer put it, they are about to "push the button", so I have come out of their allocation list and are going into the build system

Also good news was that I will be getting a MY2013

Bad news was that LR have changed the specs slightly.
The one change that afftects me is that the auro flip on the spoiler for the dynamic is now a cost option, and after checking he said I would have to pay for it, even though it was standard when I placed the order Sad

I guess the system is forcing him to select the cost option if I want it. He did give me the number for LR customer services though, who were very helpful. Just waiting for them to get back to me now after I stated my disatisfaction about this.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
11-07-2012 11:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

RE: Good and Bad

I would not accept this additional cost. If you have paid your deposit, they should keep the original price. If they insist, go to another dealer...

Any more info on spec changes for my13?

So far it seems that my13 is LR trying to make even more money.... Greed in filthy.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
11-07-2012 11:18am
PhilSkill

(11-07-2012 11:15am)smayo Wrote:  Got the call today that as the dealer put it, they are about to "push the button", so I have come out of their allocation list and are going into the build system

Also good news was that I will be getting a MY2013

Bad news was that LR have changed the specs slightly.
The one change that afftects me is that the auro flip on the spoiler for the dynamic is now a cost option, and after checking he said I would have to pay for it, even though it was standard when I placed the order Sad

I guess the system is forcing him to select the cost option if I want it. He did give me the number for LR customer services though, who were very helpful. Just waiting for them to get back to me now after I stated my disatisfaction about this.

Have you got the contract with the build spec on it signed and returned? If you have they should honour the price, if you haven't it's whether you can fight it out with the dealer to match the price originally quoted.

Why make that little bit of plastic a chargeable item, that was the point of the Dynamic spec...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-07-2012 02:11pm
eddkawasaki

Did your dealer say how much they were charging for the aero flip?
11-07-2012 02:19pm
Token

Smayo...PM me if you want the name and number of someone particularly helpful in Land Rover Customer Services...she has managed to do some really great things for me in the past.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-07-2012 02:35pm
Jai

Good and Bad

From what month build is it considered my13?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-07-2012 03:23pm
smayo

Well got a result Very Happy, but it could quite easily have got into a lot more arguing.

LR Customer care were very helpful and agreed to cover the £150 cost of the aero flip, but they did say that because "I had delayed the order" then strictly speaking I should have paid it.

Problem is that is not how I saw it.
When I went to my dealer back in February, I asked how long the wait was, and was told I would have to wait until September, which was perfect for me because as of August I would have paid off the finance on my current car. So 1 week later I went back and I made it clear that I wanted the car for September and paid my deposit.
What the dealer did not tell me is that they had to hold my order back in their allocation as they were coming through a lot quicker than originally expected. Aparently if I had wanted it as quickly as possible I could have had it last month.
So in my opinion it was not me who delayed the order, as I was always under the impression that I was getting my Dynamic as quickly as could be expected.

Anyway the argument was avoided due the very helpful LR Customer Care Thumbs Up

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
12-07-2012 07:32pm
NightFox

(11-07-2012 02:11pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Have you got the contract with the build spec on it signed and returned? If you have they should honour the price, if you haven't it's whether you can fight it out with the dealer to match the price originally quoted.

Why make that little bit of plastic a chargeable item, that was the point of the Dynamic spec...

Unfortunately that's not true, the small print of the order will say something along the line of "If the Manufacturer increases the price between the time of order and delivery, the Customer agrees to pay the increased price or has the right to cancel the order". Harsh, yes, but completely legitimate.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
13-07-2012 09:37am
PhilSkill

(13-07-2012 09:37am)NightFox Wrote:  Unfortunately that's not true, the small print of the order will say something along the line of "If the Manufacturer increases the price between the time of order and delivery, the Customer agrees to pay the increased price or has the right to cancel the order". Harsh, yes, but completely legitimate.

Smile That's why I said "Should"... But it's still a signed agreement that anyone would be understandably upset if the agreed price is then changed on them and gives more emphasis on making a complaint and having reasonable grounds to negotiate the price back, or worst case refunding the deposit in full.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-07-2012 10:39am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It also probably states somewhere in the tiny print that the standard specification may also be changed at any time without notice, which is another let-out clause

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-07-2012 05:49pm