Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gloss trim on Dynamic
wavey.dave

Gloss trim on Dynamic

Picked up the SD4 Dynamic Saturday.

Noticed today when giving her a good going over (oo er) that the gloss black surround around the gear selector knob that there are some very fine hairline scratches.

My Mrs reckons that its inevitable and to forget about them - if the dealer replaces we might end up with squeaks etc.

On the other hand I'm a fussy bugger and I want it right.

What say you Evoque brethren?
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 09:28pm by wavey.dave.)
06-08-2012 08:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Gloss trim on Dynamic

it is inevitable and will come back that said it's an easy piece to replace so I wouldn't worry too much about squeaks.

You could try something like gtechniq C1 or similar on it which are scratch resistant products but even then I wouldn't count on it. Best thing to do is be careful - don't put keys etc around that area and get on and enjoy the Evoque.
06-08-2012 08:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Agree with WB, nobody but you will really notice them and regardless of what treatment you try to use you will still get the scratches

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-08-2012 09:23pm
Evo-king

The plastic is so soft that marking this takes very little effort, consequently, I always keep a microfibre cloth inside the car, I stopped my missus the other day, trying to clean it with spittle and fingers, I shouted so loudly she recoiled and was about to call me a lunatic, when I pointed out the microfibre cloth was there for that purpose. Not divorced yet.

Also the rear quarter black plastic trims, which have been treated are showing some scratch marks, believe me I am extremely careful cleaning these areas, but it seems they will still mark. I only draw consolation in the fact that similar plastics are used by other manufacturers, so other cars will be effected similarly.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-08-2012 10:46pm
mark_n

I agree, the plastics are very soft and show scratches rather easily. Best to see this as a wake up call to only enter the car when wearing sheepskin mittens...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-08-2012 11:11pm
rvsvet

(06-08-2012 11:11pm)mark_n Wrote:  I agree, the plastics are very soft and show scratches rather easily. Best to see this as a wake up call to only enter the car when wearing sheepskin mittens...

LaughingLaughingLaughing

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
07-08-2012 07:50am
Token

It's a Range Rover guys...scratches are all part of the look...add some mud and some gaffa tape and it will be complete!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
07-08-2012 08:21am
Bowl

I only use microfibre cloth on that piece, 3 months on the clock with zero scratch.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 08:25am by Bowl.)
07-08-2012 08:24am
wavey.dave

Just to clarify, these were there when I picked her up (I guess). So should I approach the dealer about changing it?
07-08-2012 08:58am
Token

Personally I wouldn't ask the dealer to sort it out as it is probably that scatches may soon appear again anyway...however, going back to the dealer and asking them what they are going to do to compensate you might prove to be better value.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
07-08-2012 09:15am