Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Gliches?
defender_uk

Gliches?

Finally picked up my Evoque Pretige Lux yesterday...great to drive and happy. Discovered three gliches so far....

when u get in and sit, the plan of the seats come on in the driver screen and each bum on seat should be repesentred by na red dot, until seat belt is fatsened...mine only went red twice, and since has just stayed grey....

easy entry/exit doesn't function....did once...otherwise I wouldn't have know it was there...not worked since.

turn off the radio, and you can still hear it playing very quietly!!

handbook....normally LR vehicles come with a seperate handbook on the infotainment system...this one hasn't...has anyone recieved a seperate handbook??

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
15-10-2011 08:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Gliches?

When I read "Gliches?" I thought u had found something magical but u must have a dodgy T on your keyboard as u must mean "Glitches?". I hope they all get resolved quickly for u so that u can fully enjoy the beast.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
15-10-2011 08:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

yes....a glitch on my keyboard obviously also.....lol

Defender_uk

15-10-2011 08:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

The manuals I have don't have a separate infotainment booklet either. I do like the way the glovebox has a hidden compartment in it's roof to keep the manuals in though!

Your electrical gremlins probably just means the system just needs a reboot to work again, sounds like a trip to your dealers is due...pity as I'm sure you'd prefer to enjoy your wonderful new toy hassle free.

Touching wood, mine is still flawless and that's a month now!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
16-10-2011 03:36am
RacingSnake

(15-10-2011 08:48pm)defender_uk Wrote:  when u get in and sit, the plan of the seats come on in the driver screen and each bum on seat should be repesentred by na red dot, until seat belt is fatsened...mine only went red twice, and since has just stayed grey....
on this point, clearly the seat sensors are not sensitive enough.
I had another test drive out the other weekend and noticed this, my partners mum was in the back, and it didnt register as 'occupied' therefore didnt care if she had a seatbelt on or not.
My seat was showing as green (correctly), and the dealer chap in the passenger was also showing green.... Once he took off the seatbelt it went red (correctly), he leaned over to show me something on the dash... The red light went grey, and when he sat back down it stayed grey Rolling Eyes
So there is clearly something not quite right in that circuit!
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 08:45am by RacingSnake.)
16-10-2011 08:44am
defender_uk

thanks spidermand and racing snake...

Defender_uk

16-10-2011 08:29pm
DynamicRRV

Spidermand..................who is this person?lol
16-10-2011 08:41pm
defender_uk

keyboard glitch again.....

Defender_uk

16-10-2011 08:43pm
DynamicRRV

LOL!
16-10-2011 08:48pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I haven't tried it yet but I wonder if the seat sensor/ seat belt not worn gong silence code from RRS and D3 works for Evoque?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-10-2011 08:50pm