Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Glass: Privacy v Solar Attenuating
Rootsboy

RE: Glass: Privacy v Solar Attenuating

(29-05-2011 08:42am)Gorjan Wrote:  
(29-05-2011 12:08am)Rootsboy Wrote:  
(25-05-2011 10:30pm)Gorjan Wrote:  In our version of the catalog this option is called Windhield solar atenuation... Probably dealer mistake when transleting, but weurd anyway...

I hate when the dealers don't know such details..

Gorjan i was also just looking at the italian website and when translated it also says that the solar attenuating glass is for the windscreen. and then when describing the privacy glass, it says how this stops UV rays and helps with the economy of the aircon.
i think i will email my spanish dealer next week, and try and get this matter cleared up before i do any ordering. i know they wont know, but at last they can contact their head office and try and find out.

Yes, that would be very nice. I don't know why there is not much attention given to such options which might be really usefull and this ootion is not very cheap. You can compare it to buying a new computer without knowing any specs. Like buying a bag of potatoes... For 800 EUR.

Please advise us if you get any info on this.

my dealer got back to me today and said that the solar attenuating glass is for all the windows including the windscreen.
i now wonder if it would be included in the windscreen if you order the cold climate pack and have heating elements in the windscreen too.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
31-05-2011 09:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gorjan

Thanks for the info!

I also wondered that about the heated windshield (and if it will be distracting to look trough the wires on the windshiled (never seens such)).

This also probably means that, if I order such glass, I will not be able to use my iPad for navigation instead of buying the expensive satnav option.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
31-05-2011 09:42am
Kimv

Very old thread... I know... But what's been the final verdict?

Is the panoramic roof always solar attenuating? Regardless of taking the actual solar attenuating glass option?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
25-03-2012 09:02pm
Kimv

Never mind, found the answer in the brochure.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
25-03-2012 10:04pm
cjfp

@Kimv - do feel free to share the info you found.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
26-03-2012 05:19am
Kimv

According to the Belgian brochure the pano roof "consist of toughened glass, is tinted and has a UV-filter to protect the passengers from the sun".

Sounds like "solar attenuating" to me.

26-03-2012 06:17am