Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Glass: Privacy v Solar Attenuating
paulus599

RE: Glass: Privacy v Solar Attenuating

(20-05-2011 10:05am)Gorjan Wrote:  Never been to UK, but as I hear.. the auto wipers will be more useful then this.. Smile

So true Crying

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
20-05-2011 10:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit

(06-04-2011 06:10am)Kermit Wrote:  while Solar Attenuating is a 435 option, also available on all models.

According to this it is standard on the Australian vehicles.
21-05-2011 03:19am
vinda

how good is the solar attenuating glass. i mean in the summer heat will i get in the car and think wow that was a worthwhile 435 well spent
21-05-2011 02:27pm
Kermit

I doubt it.
21-05-2011 11:38pm
griff

(19-05-2011 11:50pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  i would be most grateful if anyone going to Evoque Live this weekend could try and find out more about the Solar Attenuating Glass as im still unsure if it would be a worth while order over privacy and what panels it will be included in
Hi Rootsboy.
Asked about the solar glass at Evoque Live and they confirmed, as has my dealer since, that the solar glass is on ALL glass except the front screen as that has its own properties (heated screen etc).

That should help cool the car - article in here - thanks.
Hope that helpss

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
22-05-2011 09:51am
Rootsboy

(22-05-2011 09:51am)griff Wrote:  
(19-05-2011 11:50pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  i would be most grateful if anyone going to Evoque Live this weekend could try and find out more about the Solar Attenuating Glass as im still unsure if it would be a worth while order over privacy and what panels it will be included in
Hi Rootsboy.
Asked about the solar glass at Evoque Live and they confirmed, as has my dealer since, that the solar glass is on ALL glass except the front screen as that has its own properties (heated screen etc).

Hope that helpss

thanks for asking Smile that interesting!, shame as im sure most the heat build up in any car comes through the front screen. so still back to putting a aluminum sunshield up inside everyday then.
if that is the case i dont think the extra money spent on that will be worth it, may as well just get the darkened windows.
did you find out if it was included in the panoramic roof, for all the people that are choosing that option?

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
22-05-2011 10:25am
griff

(22-05-2011 10:25am)Rootsboy Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 09:51am)griff Wrote:  
Hi Rootsboy.

Hope that helpss

thanks for asking Smile that interesting!, shame as im sure most the heat build up in any car comes through the front screen. so still back to putting a aluminum sunshield up inside everyday then.
if that is the case i dont think the extra money spent on that will be worth it, may as well just get the darkened windows.
did you find out if it was included in the panoramic roof, for all the people that are choosing that option?
Yes it includes the panoramic roof. I'm still in two minds about this as i want the car as cool as possible during the summer as the dog will be in the boot and I am very aware how heat can build in a car even if it appears cool outside.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
22-05-2011 11:50am
Gorjan

In our version of the catalog this option is called Windhield solar atenuation... Probably dealer mistake when transleting, but weurd anyway...

I hate when the dealers don't know such details..

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
25-05-2011 10:30pm
Rootsboy

(25-05-2011 10:30pm)Gorjan Wrote:  In our version of the catalog this option is called Windhield solar atenuation... Probably dealer mistake when transleting, but weurd anyway...

Gorjan i was also just looking at the italian website and when translated it also says that the solar attenuating glass is for the windscreen. and then when describing the privacy glass, it says how this stops UV rays and helps with the economy of the aircon.
i think i will email my spanish dealer next week, and try and get this matter cleared up before i do any ordering. i know they wont know, but at last they can contact their head office and try and find out.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
29-05-2011 12:08am
Gorjan

(29-05-2011 12:08am)Rootsboy Wrote:  
(25-05-2011 10:30pm)Gorjan Wrote:  In our version of the catalog this option is called Windhield solar atenuation... Probably dealer mistake when transleting, but weurd anyway...

Gorjan i was also just looking at the italian website and when translated it also says that the solar attenuating glass is for the windscreen. and then when describing the privacy glass, it says how this stops UV rays and helps with the economy of the aircon.
i think i will email my spanish dealer next week, and try and get this matter cleared up before i do any ordering. i know they wont know, but at last they can contact their head office and try and find out.

Yes, that would be very nice. I don't know why there is not much attention given to such options which might be really usefull and this ootion is not very cheap. You can compare it to buying a new computer without knowing any specs. Like buying a bag of potatoes... For 800 EUR.

Please advise us if you get any info on this.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2011 08:45am by Gorjan.)
29-05-2011 08:42am