Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
German Autobhan
is1983

German Autobhan

I've just got back from picking a friend up from Hannover Airport in Germany,

With the autobahn pretty empty on a Sunday evening and no trucks allowed. I decided to put my foot frown a little.

I don't think I pushed it to its limits but I managed 120mph easily in a SD4 Auto.

I'm really looking forward to a longer journey now, but that said the fuel economy did suffer at those speeds.
25-08-2013 09:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: German Autobhan

Blimey, Fuel economy suffers at 70mph, cant imagine what you were getting at 120mph. Good to know it can do that comfortably though!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-08-2013 11:15pm
EvoqueSi4

given the right tires, and the right pressure in them (+0,5 bar to what LR is saying), the SI4 can do 135 mb/h rock-solid.
no sweaty hands, and (mostly) no screamin' wive. i'm doing it frequently.

the express-premium on the fuel-consumption start's at about 110mp/h and is exponential.
on a 400 mile journey i managed to do a 93mph average (incl. the slow roadwork bits and the places where we actually do have speedlimits). that means mpg-figures arround 10...
26-08-2013 03:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

10l/100km or 10mpg............ Ones pretty good the other pretty dire! One of the RRSport guys I know as a 4.2ltr V8S/C RRS and complained he rarely got more than 10mpg out of it, then we found he always drove it in Sport mode and the car never got into 6th gear even on the motorway!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2013 07:34pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-08-2013 07:31pm
EvoqueSi4

(26-08-2013 07:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  10l/100km or 10mpg............ Ones pretty good the other pretty dire! One of the RRSport guys I know as a 4.2ltr V8S/C RRS and complained he rarely got more than 10mpg out of it, then we found he always drove it in Sport mode and the car never got into 6th gear even on the motorway!

10 mpg (22L/100km) !!! cause to get an average of more than 90 mph you have to put your pedal to the metall all the time. every now and than you'll have to break (because there is a speedlimit or somebody slower is pulling to the left lane) and accellerate afterwards full on again. so whenever you can, you've got to do 135 mph, to get to the average of 93 mph. and in these accellarations-times, the thurst of the engine is phenomenal.

if you think about the weight of of a supercharged rrs, than that 10 mpg in s-mode is allready a good figure (in relation).
bigger engines actually help to get fuel consumption down, if you drive in a certain way.
this is one of many reasons, why i would love to have the supercharged V6 from jag in my evoque.
it would actually save me some money on fuel Cool

but i'm affraid these slowpokes at LR are not going to build it, and instead going to tweak another 50 horses out of that little ford motor (not helpful!)
26-08-2013 08:26pm
is1983

Its a lot down to driving style as well, I remember driving back from Germany to the UK in a civic type r I had a few years ago,

Driving back with the wife and little one in the car I could manage 34mpg driving at 120kph

Driving back by myself resulted in a lot of refills....I think I got 23mpg.....but it was a lot of fun
27-08-2013 10:16pm