Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Gearbox fault!
Ezandania

RE: Gearbox fault!

(05-12-2011 01:37pm)Mikely Wrote:  Wbessada, selector pops up just to get into neutral to push out of intersection and winch onto flatbed.
Wondered if anyone can try on their auto and get absolute confirmation of this sequence (without starting) so we can perhaps sticky and avoid the dogs abuse that Deck and myself endured for over an hour from our fellow motorists.

Maybe have diagnosis later today or tomorrow, will let you know.

Mike

Hey mike, any updates? All these 'failures' is making me nervous. Hope its an electronic glitch which can be set straight by an update to the ECU.

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 09:01pm by Ezandania.)
06-12-2011 09:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mikely

Refering WB's extract from handbook, definitly can't rotate lowered gear selector with just ignition on and engine not running. Holding RH flappy paddle for about 10 secs defo works and can select neutral etc.

My problem was vehicle ran out of fuel, no low fuel warning, no filling stations on satnav, and indicator just above red field, just "reduced performance" then dead. Third case that I know of, salesman at dealership in SI4 (mine is diesel) and one on evoque owners club (ecu telling car no fuel). Appears to be calibration issue in tank and was assured that software update/reload/whatever would ensure no repeat but a bit paranoid at this time.

Don't know how many of you out there have got close to empty or have actually gone low enough to activate low fuel warning yet, but beware!!

Mike
08-12-2011 02:59pm
Ezandania

Umm...isn't there a fuel level gauge on the driver's TFT screen? Or was it set on a different display?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
08-12-2011 03:37pm
WB
WB

(08-12-2011 02:59pm)Mikely Wrote:  Refering WB's extract from handbook, definitly can't rotate lowered gear selector with just ignition on and engine not running. Holding RH flappy paddle for about 10 secs defo works and can select neutral etc.

My problem was vehicle ran out of fuel, no low fuel warning, no filling stations on satnav, and indicator just above red field, just "reduced performance" then dead. Third case that I know of, salesman at dealership in SI4 (mine is diesel) and one on evoque owners club (ecu telling car no fuel). Appears to be calibration issue in tank and was assured that software update/reload/whatever would ensure no repeat but a bit paranoid at this time.

Don't know how many of you out there have got close to empty or have actually gone low enough to activate low fuel warning yet, but beware!!

Mike

That's crazy considering how much the manual emphasises that the cars should not be allowed to run out of fuel especially diesels.
I also tried the handbook instructions to rotate while electrics on and engine Off and it didnt work.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 10:03pm by WB.)
08-12-2011 10:02pm
Mikely

Ezandania, as I said, fuel indicated just above red zone!

Mike
09-12-2011 09:45am
Ezandania

Sorry didnt catch that mike! Wow...definitely a technical fault. Any updates on the resolve?

2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
09-12-2011 12:22pm
noahark

Curious, I noticed that the gear changes (6 auto) are all happening at the 2k RPM mark. The gear does not upshift if the RPM is below that. Sometimes at cruising speed the engine doesn't engage the 6th gear and I have to manually do the upshift. It is inefficient and fuel consuming. If the foot on the pdeal is light, the car should have the intelligence to shift up to the highest gear as soon as possible rather than try to stay along the power/torque band .
Is there a way to fix this through some form of software patch?

Sad
28-02-2012 02:07pm
Wired

(28-02-2012 02:07pm)noahark Wrote:  [align=left] Curious, I noticed that the gear changes (6 auto) are all happening at the 2k RPM mark.

Is there a way to fix this through some form of software patch?

Its been suggested that a reset of the adaptive management system might help. You would have to disconnect the batter for 20min+ to do that.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
28-02-2012 03:46pm
DefLeppard

(29-10-2011 07:16pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  These two docs may come in handy, Enjoy Smile

pete

Pete,
Excellent!
I will keep this printout in my glovebox.....however I hate to admit Im a typical female when it comes to cars....... Really really stupid question time - where abouts on the car is this N/P bolt located??

The picture isn't clear - Im guessing in the engine bay? or is this under the car somewhere? (would like to know what direction to point the roadside assist guy to.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
29-02-2012 01:20pm