Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Gearbox fault!
Deck

Gearbox fault!

Yesterday... Waiting for green light in an intersection when I heard a beep and the message appear: "GEARBOX FAULT". Blocked that intersection for one and a half hour!!! A lot of angry drivers: "What a great car!... get it out of the road! You are blocking two intersections! What the f...k are you doing in the middle of the road!" and then the policeman: "Come on men, there is no way to put it in neutral to get it out of the road?!" my answer was of course: "no way! NO WAY TO PUT THIS CAR IN NEUTRAL IF THE GEARBOX IS DOWN!"
My car is 1.055km old! ...and after that I'm 5years older than yesterday!!! ...

PS: ... intersections are better than tunnels...

DYNAMIC TD4 Automatic (4WD), Firenze Red, Style 4 Wheel, Pan. Roof, Verve-Ebony int., 825W Meridian, Tech Pack 2, Cold Climate Pack, Privacy Glass

JAGUAR XF V6 2,7 (3Y)
AUDI A6 AVANT V6 2,7 (>1Y)
AUDI A4 V6 2,5 (3Y)
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 12:25am by Deck.)
27-10-2011 09:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

RE: Gearbox fault!

Ahh not a good day all round, please keep us updated with the fault they find or the cause.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
27-10-2011 10:20pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deck

Gearbox fault!

The problem is that there is no problem! NO MORE "GEARBOX FAULT" on the first start in service! Can you imagine that?! Because nobody knows what was wrong, now I have to drive a car that could let me down in any moment... hope not in a tunnel! I'm very anxious to know LR answer!

DYNAMIC TD4 Automatic (4WD), Firenze Red, Style 4 Wheel, Pan. Roof, Verve-Ebony int., 825W Meridian, Tech Pack 2, Cold Climate Pack, Privacy Glass

JAGUAR XF V6 2,7 (3Y)
AUDI A4 V6 2,5 (3Y)
27-10-2011 10:47pm
bell-auto-services

If it has faulted it will have stored a fault code, reading the fault code may give an indication as to why it happend.

Soon i will have available the Faultmate FCR as produced by Blackbox-Solutions, Im working with them at the moment to finish this little gadget which is real handy for reading and clearing faults.

It will be avaulable here soon,some times even if you can get a cars fault codes cleared it can get you home untill a dealer can look at it. http://bellautoservices.co.uk/blackbox-d...tmate-fcr/

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
27-10-2011 10:52pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deck

Yes, I know! Therefore we have to wait for LR answer! They send the codes to them! But my big concern is not only about the gearbox fault, my problem is that this car has no manual neutral mode input! Please think about that! If the car is down in any way, you can do nothing! Imagine that she let it down on a tramway!

JAGUAR XF V6 2,7 (3Y)
AUDI A4 V6 2,5 (3Y)
27-10-2011 11:12pm
bell-auto-services

Humm, ill have a poke arround as im sure their is a way to get N somehow.

Pete

27-10-2011 11:14pm
Deck

Yes of course it is but not manageable by a driver! In the middle of the intersection they desasambled the airfilter box and then the actuator (I think) and after 20min put it in N...

JAGUAR XF V6 2,7 (3Y)
AUDI A4 V6 2,5 (3Y)
27-10-2011 11:24pm
cjfp

Would have tought there was a 'hidden' eassy way - Dads jag did the same and there is a hidden small level by the selector that u just lift (if u know it is there) and it puts it into neutral - however, it does nothing more than that and u still need recovery but at leasat the car can be moved to safety.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-10-2011 05:12am
mk82

Is there any solution? In a mercedes you can use the key putting in the side of gearbox to have controll if it is not working. (for example to tow away car)

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
28-10-2011 08:13am
WB
WB

The manual seems fairly useless on this topic...

NEUTRAL
Disconnects drive to the wheels. Use the
parking brake while N is selected.
Do not use for vehicle recovery purposes.

TRANSMISSION FAULT
In the event that the transmission develops a
fault, a warning message may be displayed in
the message centre and only limited gears may
become available. You should seek qualified
assistance immediately.

Do not tow the vehicle if the gearbox
cannot be set in neutral.
28-10-2011 09:47am