Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gearbox Fault "Traction control reduced"
Rangerj

Gearbox Fault "Traction control reduced"

"Traction control reduced" Anyone came across this fault showing up on dash with amber warning triangle and terrain response light goes out on centre console took it to dealer today but no fault codes logged , it has them scratching heads ???forgot to add this all happened while driving a good ten min after start up from warm

Td4 5dr Pure, Orkney Grey ,had 5 Discoverys will only have 1 Evoque
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 02:51pm by Rangerj.)
06-02-2014 08:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Gearbox Fault "Traction control reduced"

Possibly two causes - one your battery may be low on charge, two like all computers on boot up sometimes they detect/ cause issues that are not there. Switch off the ignition for 30 secs and try restarting and I bet you won't have the fault, if you do then possibly you need to get the Battery Monitoring System and Battery checked out. Also take a read at Racing Snake's posts regarding his battery problems and warning lights

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 05:22am by XFullFatTim.)
07-02-2014 05:19am
HeartbreakRidge

It sure seems that the RRE (as with many cars these days) is as much computer as car, and we all know from experience that when a computer acts up you should try a reboot because more often than not, the gremlin mysteriously vanishes!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
07-02-2014 04:33pm
ziggy stardust

Mine shows 'gearbox fault' very briefly on startup but not every time and there is no pattern.

Z
07-02-2014 08:43pm
Barton Evoque

Had this fault come up today,message shows after driving for about 15 seconds hopefully nothing serious. cars in for its 3 service next saturday and still under warranty.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
28-08-2015 07:35pm
ziggy stardust

After having the car back several times nothing found on their fault diagnosis computer, same old reply, never heard of that one Sir.

I told them I'd read about the problem on the baby RR forum and it's a battery fault, your battery is fine Sir.

In for service months later and I tell them the problem is still there along with another one concerning the LSD, we can't see it Sir. Following day your car is ready Sir, good what did you did besides the service? We fitted a new battery Sir.

Been fine since.

Z
(28-08-2015 07:35pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  Had this fault come up today,message shows after driving for about 15 seconds hopefully nothing serious. cars in for its 3 service next saturday and still under warranty.
28-08-2015 08:22pm
Barton Evoque

UPDATE.
Car all fixed now they say.control unit and haldex pump changed let's hope that's fixed the problem.just waiting for it to be delivered back then out i go for a test drive.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
04-12-2015 04:44pm
bee

(04-12-2015 04:44pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  UPDATE.
Car all fixed now they say.control unit and haldex pump changed let's hope that's fixed the problem.just waiting for it to be delivered back then out i go for a test drive.

so get ready for another dealer visit for the new battery. Laughing

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
04-12-2015 06:24pm
Barton Evoque

(04-12-2015 06:24pm)bee Wrote:  so get ready for another dealer visit for the new battery. Laughing

Battery still as good as new when tested. repair all working this weekend no further problems Very Happy would have been £1500 +vat if the warranty was not honored after it ended.

06-12-2015 01:51pm
teasers

I recently received this warning "out of nowhere".

I have a 2012 coupe dynamic, and I use it in short trips.

Thanks to babyrr, i read some comments about the battery, and drove the car to the closest tire garage. asked the guy if they sell also batteries. he checked, and replied: "we have exactly what you have, varta, 80 ah"

The price was something around 110 usd (Istanbul/Turkey). Didn't want to go and search for something cheaper at the moment.

The guy changed the battery. but oh my god!! the same warning message appeared just after 5 seconds!!

I said: "OK, this battery waited here in this garage maybe 6 months, let me give it a bit more time!" (but frankly, i felt very bad at the moment)

I switched to "S" mode, set the gearbox to 1, manual.. and didn't change gear until it reached 5,5k revs.

After 3-4 minutes, the warning was completely gone. and never appeared again since then.

But this "traction reduced" warning is 100% real. when I first decided to go to the garage, I made a U-turn, and there it was a very, very steep road. when i kicked the gas pedal a little, the tires slipped for the first time since 2012, and I understood at this moment, yes, my evoque was only front wheel-drive.

anyway, that's my story. just change the battery, and give it some time to charge itself a little bit. usually, a few minutes is enough (or, maybe this is related to switching off an on again, don't know).

cheers.

Aviation News
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 08:25pm by teasers.)
12-05-2016 08:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply