Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic
fergusm

On a recent trip the GPS popped up a Dynamic Avoid Traffic message asking me if I wanted a new route about 20 times in 1 hour. It's a big distraction and makes the GPS pretty much useless. How do I turn this off or disable completely?!
22-07-2013 10:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic

You go through the options on the sat nav and disable TMC (traffic messages channel) or you can disable the 'adjust route' function separately I think.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
22-07-2013 11:14pm
PhilSkill

Yes, disable TMC in Nav settings, its a very annoying feature that means you unfortunately often cant use it as it constantly says traffic conditions changed, use new route

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-07-2013 11:31pm
goldenboi79

It definitely depends on your route and your city, in terms of how useful the TMC is. I live in Vancouver, and it is absolutely great. Very real-time and has successfully routed me around congestion and construction, and then re-routed me back to the main highways once the congestion has cleared.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
24-07-2013 03:52am
m_101

I think its usefulness is more due to how accurate, up to date, and comprehensive the information sent out over the air is - I tend to look at google maps traffic along my route before I set out if I'm doing a longer trek or going at rush hour.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
24-07-2013 09:12pm
Kashim

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I find RR's sat nav less user friendly than Tom Tom. I mean, why do I have to press 3 extra confirmations when choosing to go to a favourite location? Navteq really needs to improve on their user experience, and the voice activation has greatly improved from the older models but still not perfect.
31-12-2013 12:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The problem with TMC in the UK is The Highways Agency. They don't update the messages soon enough after a blockage has occurred on a major route which means out of date info is continually being transmitted over the network. In Scotland I hardly ever get any TMC re-routes I do get lots of amber warnings of slow traffic ahead or roadworks where there is slow moving traffic, it's only when I drive south I get lots of useless messages and re-routing I usually disregard.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-01-2014 05:02pm