Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuelly fuel log website
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Fuelly fuel log website

Couple of people have asked me why their fuel figure in their signature is not the same as the figure on the Fuelly website. The only thing I can think of is that the link between your signature and the fuelly website has become broken. I suggest that you edit the link out of your signature close the signature and then re-copy and paste the link to Fuelly back into the signature and keep an eye on the figure.
It also appears that the different links you can copy and paste into your signature link to different averages!
Mine links to my UK Average which appears to be total distance run / total fuel consumed, some have the last tank average

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-10-2012 09:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FujiSan

RE: Fuelly fuel log website

Good information Tim.

But there is also the issue of caching. The Forum may be caching the Fuelly sig and not updating it frequently. I think this is to minimize unnecessary data transfer. There is something about this on the Fuelly web site in the FAQ.

I noticed this just recently when I changed my Fuelly sig image - it took about 2 days to show the new image, I'm guessing this would have been true for the avg MPG reported in the sig too, but I did not check it.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
11-10-2012 11:41am
Evo-king

For some reason my link was calculated is US Gallons, operator malfunction probably.

Now corrected.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-10-2012 12:13pm
NightFox

I've just noticed something odd too, my combined average was showing on Fuelly as 51.9 (not an Evoque!), I filled up yesterday and it shows an average of 53.9 for that tank, but my combined average has now dropped to 51.5 in my signature and on the site Confused

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
22-10-2012 01:15pm
XFullFatTim

I logged in my Defender's fuel as well and that isn't updated in my signature - as somebody suggested previously it's something to do with Bulletin Board's system.
BTW if you have two cars I have a way to get both in the signature - normally two Fuelly's would be too many characters for the signature box........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2012 01:22pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

It's absolutely not to do with the forum - it doesn't cache images like this, your browser does.

It is an issue with fuelly, proved like this:

This is NightFox's image as he's linked to it:

[Image: 133601.png]

This is the same image but loaded in a way to stop it being loaded from the cache in your browser (only the first time you load it, mind!):

[Image: 133601.png?a=1]

If you are seeing these to be the same (as I do) then it is not a caching problem, at least not in your browser. It's probably a caching issue at fuelly.
22-10-2012 01:28pm
XFullFatTim

Thanks Martin. I'll get on to Fuelly and see if they have a fix.

22-10-2012 01:30pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

See this too: http://www.fuelly.com/faq/24/Fuelly-foru...ture-cache

And I've increased the number of characters allowed in signatures, don't abuse it Wink
22-10-2012 01:34pm