Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel from dealer
doug

RE: Fuel from dealer

(12-06-2012 06:10pm)cjfp Wrote:  It is somewhere on here but can't find it.
Is post #66 in the above thread any good.

Ps, make sure you are aware of LPR comments that this is a guide document and it is up to the garage as to how much fuel they give you.

That's what Paul from LPR said. It's up to each dealer weather you get the full tank or not.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
12-06-2012 06:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flurberman

Fuel from dealer

Despite complaining at pickup all I got was 1/4 of a tank!

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
12-06-2012 06:58pm
ytshome

My dealer in Stourbridge were good enough to give me just enough fuel to get to the local petrol station. Mind you once I got there I had to return because my other half noticed that they hadn't put the tax disc in the car.

It really did make us laugh when we arrived home to find that the registration number on the tax disc was not the one that they had given us for insurance purposes and that a third number ( which was also incorrect) was displayed front and back on the car.

They were good enough to send the correct registration plates through the post( two days later) and ask us to remove and re-stick the correct plates. Oh those silly dealers

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
12-06-2012 11:41pm
WB
WB

The dealers conveniently like to interpret the document however its very clearly black and white that this is how LR want a handover to be conducted.
13-06-2012 12:14am
Bill

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Vehicle-Handover
Try post #29

Now with Dynamic TD4, 5 door, Kaikora Stone, manual, tech & comfort packs
13-06-2012 09:44am
geordie

(12-06-2012 11:41pm)ytshome Wrote:  My dealer in Stourbridge were good enough to give me just enough fuel to get to the local petrol station. Mind you once I got there I had to return because my other half noticed that they hadn't put the tax disc in the car.

It really did make us laugh when we arrived home to find that the registration number on the tax disc was not the one that they had given us for insurance purposes and that a third number ( which was also incorrect) was displayed front and back on the car.

They were good enough to send the correct registration plates through the post( two days later) and ask us to remove and re-stick the correct plates. Oh those silly dealers

I also got less than a quarter tank from Stourbridge dealer and they also charged the increased price for the panoramic roof even though I had ordered it six months before the rise. Obviously they will not be getting any further business.
I
13-06-2012 10:22am
colski1961

a full tank of fuel, free mud flaps and LR teddy bear at handover for 1st March (Feb 29th!) by my dealer here in Inverness (Macrae & Dick).....seem to remember it was the same (i.e. full tank) when I got my previous RRS in 2008 from Kentdale in Kendal.

2012 62 Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Black (eveyday use)
2012 61 Porsche Cayman R PDK - Peridot Very Happy (for weekend joy)
2011 Landlegend Compact Tractor (for doing tractory types of things)

Gone :
2012 (1st March) Evoque S4D Lux pack - Firenze Red & Verve interior - traded Nov 12 - sorry folks Sad
13-06-2012 10:24am
Rossy100

Fuel from dealer

My salesman (who I have to admit has always been extremely helpful and willing throughout the process) has just sent me a photo of the dashboard showing the car with nearly 3/4 of a tank. Whilst I still think there should be a full tank..... I guess this is pretty good considering some people's experiences on here.
13-06-2012 10:54am
BTS18

I received a full tank of fuel. I did say at the outset that I expected the tank to be full and was not disappointed.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
13-06-2012 10:59am
WB
WB

The dealers will do whatever they can get away with and without doubt will treat customers differently. From what I've seen if you don't ask and persevere you won't get. Dealers aren't in it to be generous and build goodwill they are clearly in it to maximise their margin and often only focusing on that month/quarter's targets. Unfortunately that means many won't get repeat business for the sake of a small concession on an undiscounted car!...
13-06-2012 11:58am