Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound
The Valeter

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound

(18-09-2012 12:57am)Bruno787 Wrote:  i noticed recently a clicking/ticking sound on my front suspension when maneuvering out of my driveway, can only hear it with windows open. anyone had this?

Mine does this a lot = not a nice sound on such a car!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
19-09-2012 09:26am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

(19-09-2012 07:10am)chiggy Wrote:  I just took mine in this morning to have it looked at and get the brakes cleaned out and wheel alignment is shocking!! not sure what's going on there!

They also gave me a Ssangyong Rexton as a loan car... what an absolute abomination of a car. apparently it was the only one they had left. surprise.

had crunched up tissues on the passengers side... pretty disgusting actually.

horse cart would've been better!

Hopefully they can sort out the ticking soon.

We must have just missed each other then, as i was there about 11am. They will need to order new bolts for yours too. Why do they have to clean your brakes out?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
19-09-2012 10:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SINGHY

Mine has also been making ticking and clunking sounds especially when manoeuvering in tight spots and parking, seem to come from the front wheels and have been intermittent, so has been booked in to the dealer for a going over tomorrow

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
19-09-2012 06:49pm
chiggy

(19-09-2012 10:02am)benzina Wrote:  We must have just missed each other then, as i was there about 11am. They will need to order new bolts for yours too. Why do they have to clean your brakes out?

Ahh!

I think we did cause I was there a bit earlier. Yeah they tightened the bolts but they're going to replace them at the next scheduled service which will be in like 2 months or so.. that's fine by me.

Clean the brakes out cause at very low speeds there's squealing, when you're not braking it still makes a sound. So just got them cleaned out to get rid off anything that was causing it.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
20-09-2012 02:31am
Firenze

Mine did it too so took it into the dealer and they put new parts on (not sure what) and it has been fine since, they did it while I waited and it took just under an hour!

I told them about it being mentioned on here and they looked it up and had the parts waiting for me.

My noise was a clicking from the drivers front wheel when turning at very low speeds like when parking.

I was very impressed with the service.

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
20-09-2012 06:29pm
teasers

I also have the same problem, it is very noticable especially when I'm parking. Waiters working at the cafe noticed this awkward sound already yesterday.
I booked an appointment with the service for tomorrow. We will see what will happen.

Aviation News
04-10-2012 09:57am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

(04-10-2012 09:57am)teasers Wrote:  I also have the same problem, it is very noticable especially when I'm parking. Waiters working at the cafe noticed this awkward sound already yesterday.
I booked an appointment with the service for tomorrow. We will see what will happen.

They usually tighten the bolts around the suspension when you first take it in. If they have the replacements parts they'll replace it for you or they'll order it in and get you to come back once the parts arrive

I just got a txt message saying the parts have arrived so I need to send my car in again soon.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
04-10-2012 10:01am
benzina

I just had my new bolts installed by the service centre yesterday...all good for nowSmile

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 11:41pm by benzina.)
04-10-2012 12:15pm
Bruno787

do you have part numbers of the "bolts" to be replaced?

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
04-10-2012 04:51pm
benzina

(04-10-2012 04:51pm)Bruno787 Wrote:  do you have part numbers of the "bolts" to be replaced?

No sorry...it was all just verbal, and no reciept on pick-up either.

04-10-2012 11:39pm