Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Buying Wheels from Ebay
PhilSkill

RE: Buying Wheels from Ebay

Indented isn't cast and it looks engraved. But looking at the back of the spokes it may not be a cast wheel as they are smooth, which might be why they are engraved, would need someone with these wheels to confirm the markings, looking at others on ebay it seems that is the correct marking.

Unfortunately it's buy from a dealer or take an educated risk, that's why dealers can charge what they do...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-03-2014 10:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Have a look in Marketplace... there are some for sale right now!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-03-2014 10:06am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Black-20-...with-tyres

Phil I was trying to send him a PM but he has only 4 posts so PM's are still inhibited

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 10:08am by XFullFatTim.)
26-03-2014 10:07am
AOliver

(26-03-2014 10:07am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Black-20-...with-tyres

Phil I was trying to send him a PM but he has only 4 posts so PM's are still inhibited

Thanks Phil, those are another set of wheels that i have seen on ebay that are using the same photos as another seller, the person i am planning on buying from claims that those photos are his and that the other user is using his photos, they both also live quite close to one another so it's all a bit suspicious!

The wheels seem genuine but something seems odd.

The same forum user is also selling these, also apparently due to an upgrade -
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-For-Sale-...2#pid97692

Arriving Mid May 2014 - SD4 Pure Auto, Fuji White, Black Panoramic Roof & Mirrors, Privacy Glass, 20in Alloys, Xenon & Fogs, Electric Tailgate, Ebony Interior & Headliner, Piano Black Facia, HDD, Memory Seats & Mirrors
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 10:18am by AOliver.)
26-03-2014 10:15am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

HighFellsZippy is a long time member of RRSPort.co.uk - he's been running RRS's for a few years.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2014 10:18am
AOliver

(26-03-2014 10:18am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  HighFellsZippy is a long time member of RRSPort.co.uk - he's been running RRS's for a few years.

So no need to worry?

(25-03-2014 10:25pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Indented isn't cast and it looks engraved. But looking at the back of the spokes it may not be a cast wheel as they are smooth, which might be why they are engraved, would need someone with these wheels to confirm the markings, looking at others on ebay it seems that is the correct marking.

Unfortunately it's buy from a dealer or take an educated risk, that's why dealers can charge what they do...

Just checked with LR and these wheels are forged, not cast....

What a surprise, just got a call to say that the wheels he told me that were in his garage have been sold by the person that has them! But that he has some others with different tyres that he can get. Apparently people pay extra for these wheels but don't like them and then change them and leave them at the dealers! Seller lives suspiciously close to the factory!

Didn't know that i had mug and stupid written on my head! Seems everything I thought about ebay is true.

Arriving Mid May 2014 - SD4 Pure Auto, Fuji White, Black Panoramic Roof & Mirrors, Privacy Glass, 20in Alloys, Xenon & Fogs, Electric Tailgate, Ebony Interior & Headliner, Piano Black Facia, HDD, Memory Seats & Mirrors
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 01:16pm by AOliver.)
26-03-2014 10:43am
The Valeter

I bought mine from ebay from a tyre dealer in West Bromich. They had a couple of sets where folk had upgraded to 22" wheels. Just state when you arrange to collect that they need to be exactly as described or you won't collect! Always do cash on collection then you can just walk.

(26-03-2014 10:15am)AOliver Wrote:  Thanks Phil, those are another set of wheels that i have seen on ebay that are using the same photos as another seller, the person i am planning on buying from claims that those photos are his and that the other user is using his photos, they both also live quite close to one another so it's all a bit suspicious!

The wheels seem genuine but something seems odd.

The same forum user is also selling these, also apparently due to an upgrade -
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-For-Sale-...2#pid97692

oddly enough I sold my original Pure wheels on Ebay & 6 months or so later another seller was selling some wheels & he used my picture - I told him to remove it.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 01:42am by The Valeter.)
27-03-2014 01:33am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dkearns

Bought a set of Style 6 from ebay UK - took a risk as I was getting them shipped to Ireland. Rang person and talked to them to see and ensure they were a genuine seller. Had excellent feedback and told me EXACTLY down to the finest detail what marks if any were on the wheels. Tyres included.
Wheels arrived EXACTLY as described - if in doubt skip all the electronic methods of communication and talk to the person. You'll soon know if they are genuine or not.
27-03-2014 10:22am
The Valeter

(27-03-2014 10:22am)dkearns Wrote:  Bought a set of Style 6 from ebay UK - took a risk as I was getting them shipped to Ireland. Rang person and talked to them to see and ensure they were a genuine seller. Had excellent feedback and told me EXACTLY down to the finest detail what marks if any were on the wheels. Tyres included.
Wheels arrived EXACTLY as described - if in doubt skip all the electronic methods of communication and talk to the person. You'll soon know if they are genuine or not.

I agree with that. I never buy anything like that without speaking to the seller on a phone!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
27-03-2014 11:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BRO-T

I brought my style 6 wheels from ebay. Contacted the seller first who went into a lot of detail as to why he was selling. Turns out he managed to land a set from the ltd ed Victoria Beckham Range.

I arranged to collect the alloys in person and was able to have a good look over them. I was also able to see his new wheels.

My advice, if the seller isn't willing to describe in detail the product they have for sale, or (if pickup is allowed) allow you to view them, then don't buy. Trust your gut!
31-03-2014 09:35am